Christmas Cottage Block Exchange

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Yes it's a busy time of year and yes there are lots of exchanges/swaps going on. But still I thought it might be fun to exchange Christmas themed cottage blocks. The idea is still formulating and T at Purple and Paisley has offered to help me with this. Thank you T.

Christmas is still a harsh word before Halloween, I know. However, planning in advance is a essential to a home made Christmas.

The size of the exchange depends on how many sign up and how we decide move forward with this. My idea is for each member of the exchange to make a number of the same (or mostly similar) Christmas Cottage blocks. We may end up making groups for this. Then we all send a block in an envelope to each of the exchangers on your list. I can e-mail everyone so we all have email addresses for the members and you can contact them to find out addresses.

I'd like the exchange to be open to everyone - blog or no blog and international. I think it would be really great to receive blocks from all over and it would make some fun memories. So anyone can sign up. Just email me and let me know you want to participate by Monday, September 22.

I also think it would be fun for each of us to personalize our blocks with initials, blog name, or some identifying sign so we can remember where each block came from. However, that is optional.

If you want to participate - great! But no pressure. This should be a fun project. There are lots of ways you could use the blocks, not just for a quilt. You can grab the button above that T from Purple and Paisley made for us if you want to advertise on your blog. But remember you don't have to have a blog to join in the fun.

I'm thinking the blocks should be mailed by October 31, 2008 to all the participants to allow enough time to make something with them before Christmas. So keep that time frame in mind before making a commitment. I know Quilt Market is looming but not all of us will be there so its something fun for those like me that stay home (at least for this year). But these blocks are so simple that anyone can make them in a short time. And hey- its a great way to use up Christmas fabric. Speaking of which, you don't have to use traditional Christmas fabric. Anything goes but it should have something about the cottage that says December.

Email me with questions and I'll post answers and try to think of things I've missed. I am excited even if just a few of us exchange. I've "met" so many great people and I think this is a great way to solidify good memories and distant friendships.

TLC Stitches told me the best way to do this - Thanks Trisha. If everyone sends their blocks to me with a self addressed stamped oversized envelope, then it would save on postage and time rather than having you send them to everyone in the exchange. Any other ideas are more than welcome! Again thanks Trisha.

-nanette

You Might Also Like

47 comments

Popular Posts