Fabric Friday - Spoonflower

9 comments
Have you discovered Spoonflower? Spoonflower is a fabric company that started a few years ago. You can upload designs to their website and have your patterns made into custom fabric. Others can buy your fabric there as well. I've have some custom designs tucked away that I really would like to make into fabric but haven't tried this myself, yet.
This year for Christmas gifts I decided to use Spoonflower. I ordered 2012 tea towel calendars. Spoonflower had a contest and designers entered 2012 fabric calendar ideas. There were so many cute designs to choose from.
I loved browsing through the pages of calendars. The fabric is available in quilt weight and linen/cotton. I chose the linen/cotton. But I waited until they had a 2 for 1 sale.
I'm going to edge the calendars with fabric binding. My order is just arriving (there is one other design I haven't recieved yet) so I need to get going this weekend on finishing the edges of the calendars.

-nanette
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

9 comments

Jan said...

Thanks for the link! This looks like fun; I am checking it out in one minute!

pratima said...

These tea towels are sure to cheer up the coming days in the New Year, cute and colorful :-)

Unknown said...

Very cute! Great idea for Christmas!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

What a great idea! That will make some nice gifts. I'm toying with the idea of using Spoonflower to print some quilt labels.

Thimbleanna said...

Wow -- Spoonflower has sales? That's a wonderful gift idea Nanette -- I'm sure they'll be well loved!

Carrie P. said...

I was just there the other day looking at their calendars. Pretty neat idea. I have been collecting old ones from antique stores for my mom. I should buy her a 2012 one.

Unknown said...

I hate using those tea towels as they are always so cute. Your ideas always make me think how clever you are and always doing so many outside the box things.
I am going to the link....just to look.

Kate said...

Ohh, I love Spoonflower! I just discovered it earlier this year. I liked your idea of edging the calendars with fabric. I never of that. Kate

life in red shoes said...

I remember these, I think my mom had a Vera print!
Thanks for the heads up, and Happy Holidays to you and yours :)