Checking things off my list for 2012

16 comments
I have a list of things that need to be done this first quarter of the year. One of them was finishing these baby quilts for a friend. She asked me to make these at least 7 months ago or so and I've been sitting on these simple baby quilts. Finally I am able to check them off my list.
The fabric is a retro novelty print. She brought me fabric in 2 colorways and the pattern. I supplied the fabric for the 9 patch blocks and the inner border as well as sewing the tops together. In return she gave me a painting I have hanging in my hallway. I was happy to trade her for that.
My friend has a granddaughter and a niece that will receive these quilts. I just don't have the time to machine quilt them for her so I gave her back the finished tops to take to the quilter. I may be able to help her bind them though, if needed.

Whew. Glad that is done!

-nanette
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

16 comments

trish said...

Those are really sweet quilts. :o)
You did a cute job!! :o)
Have a great week. Sincerely, Trish

Dresden Quilter said...

These are gorgeous. I love the use of the retro prints.

em's scrapbag said...

Oh they are so cute! Really love the one with the red dots! I'm sure your friend is thrilled.

Nedra said...

Rae Ann was working on a similar pattern (different fabric) up at the cabin. A great way to showcase some lovely novelty fabrics. I love the simplicity. Nice job!

Lynn said...

Really cute! Perfect for little girls! Love the red polka dots!

AnnieO said...

Sweet and simple and sure to be treasured. That was a wonderful trade!

Thimbleanna said...

They're adorable Nanette -- I love a good trade, don't you?

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

They are so pretty, Nanette, and your additions really make them perfect.

busyascanbe said...

Sooo Cute!! I love the top one.

Lucy | Charm About You said...

Cute! Well done on getting them done :)

Julia said...

Very cute Nanette...love the retro fabrics, love the first quilt, so pretty.
Julia ♥

dream quilt create said...

The quilts are adorable :) Isn't it grand to check things off your list!!!

Carrie P. said...

Oh, those are cute with that background fabric featured in the big squares and border.

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

Love the "girly" baby quilts!! Nine patch is one of my favorite blocks. All the fabrics look great and these will be much-loved quilts, I'm sure!

Retrogirl said...

Beautiful tops, Nanette. I'm sure your friend is pleased. I love that they're coordinated but not identical.

Cheryl said...

So wonderful Nanette...and check them off the list!! Beautiful quilts.