A Quilting Life Book Blog Tour and a chance to win the book

Monday, June 03, 2013

Welcome to day 1 of the blog tour for the book A Quilting Life by Sherri McConnell, published by C&T Publishing.
Sherri at A Quilting Life has been a friend for many years.  I think she's one of the most talented quilters in blogland.  And she's a nice person, too.  Sherri has put together her first book entitled appropriately 
A Quilting Life. It is a great book with many ideas and designs to make and create things for your own home.  If you follow the blog tour you have 10 chances to win a copy of Sherri's great book.
At my house, I've tried to live a quilting life myself.  I think one of the things that has helped me live my quilting life is making a place for me to sew, create and display what I make.  My entryway always has the latest creation hung for me to enjoy along with some favorite trinkets.  I was really happy to be able to hang my quilt from Lori's Row By Row project over the weekend.

I think it is so important to carve out a comfortable, well organized space in your home where you can make your projects and live that quilting life.
For me, if my fabric is organized and well displayed, my creativity is able to flow and I am able to relax and enjoy my quilting life.  When things get too disorganized, I waste my time lose my creative spirit.
;
For my birthday I recently spent most the entire day with some of my family helping me reorganize and get back to where I need to be with my fabric and accessories.   It makes me so happy to have a clean room.

The room isn't perfect but it is a comfortable space for me to live my quilting life.  Over the years I've moved my studio from room to room as family needs changed.  But I've always been able to carve a space just for me to enjoy my hobby and live my quilting life.  This room is right off the kitchen so I'm able to stay close to the family and within range of happenings.

Leave a comment here and tell me about your quilting life space to win a chance for a copy of Sherri's book. Then for the next 9 days you can visit the other blogs on the blog book tour.

Schedule for blog tour:

Today is Me, of course
Wed is Sherri of A Quilting Life finishing up her Blog Tour

-nanette

Monday June 3rd

You Might Also Like

333 comments

Popular Posts