Yuwa Spring Dress

13 comments

As I have said before about knitting, I sometimes have a hard time finding clothes that fit the way that I want them to, look the way that I want them to, and are made out of fabrics that I don't absolutely hate. And on top of that, there is the constant struggle to wear something somewhat chic, not too trendy, and just a little bit unique to help me show my personal sense of style.

I found this dress pattern from Vogue Patterns -- I have made a few alterations - like how the sleeves fit, I hate elastic in sleeves. For the dress fabric itself, I used a beautiful green fabric from Yuwa from their Sketch Flowers collection that I got from Purl.

The dress came together quickly, and since I got to alter the pattern to my personal measurements, it fits just as well as I could have dreamed that it would.

The only thing that is funny, is that it has such a spring tone to it, and it snowed all weekend while I made it. Oh well.--

Shelbie
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

13 comments

dot said...

Great dress. You did a wonderful job on it.

Amanda said...

Your dress is beautiful. I used to make my own clothes when I was your age. I loved having clothes that no one else had. That's the fun of sewing for yourself. Now all I do is quilt.

Julia said...

You look so fresh and happy. It is a dress that makes you smile! You did a wonderful job! Inspires me to make a new dress, I am sure that everyone at church is getting pretty sick of seeing me in the same couple of dresses week after week. lol

Joanna said...

I love the dress, and am totally in love with the fabric! SO completely perfect for Spring....or a snowy winter day - hey the chapel is always warm, right?!!

Ravenhill said...

Gorgeous! You look so radiant and beautiful- simply delighted to have on your lovely dress. Thank you for sharing!

Thimbleanna said...

What a great dress Shelbie -- you did a wonderful job!

happy zombie said...

What a darling dress and what a great job on it! Ya got skillz!

Ginger Patches said...

Cute dress...I'm impressed, garment sewing intimidates me :)

"t" said...

wow - great job! i'm green with envy...=) you look beautiful...

Tracey said...

very cute! i love the shoes too. ugh, why don't i have your expendable shoe budget and talent!
ugh, i need a sewing machine!

jen said...

SUCH A CUTE DRESS! And the shoes!! You are all kinds of cute!
Love it.

couponalbum said...

Hey!! You looks superb in this shiny green dress!! You did awesome job!! Well done!!

jake li said...


good post beautifull wedding dress congranation


-----------------------------------------
runescape gold|wow gold kaufen|diablo 3 gold|Swtor Credits