Utah Shop Hop Part IV - American Quilting and I'm a winner!

31 comments
My last stop on the Shop Hop road to fabric and fun was American Quilting in Orem, Utah. I know I missed so many other stores in my Shop Hop quest. Utah is known for fantastic quilt fabric stores. But with my limited time I visited as many as possible. Kim has some other shops on her blog that she visited and you might want to check them out. Kim has a great blog. Anyway on to my last stop.
When I got to the store I was specifically looking for Lecien and sale fabric. Mr. Hive and Mason were with me (we were on the way home from another location). So I knew I had to hit and run so they would stay patient. I immediately saw the fabulous store owner, Amy. After a warm welcome she took me right to the sale fabric I was looking for. The other wonderful Amy had told me that this cute novelty print was on sale so I was on a mission to find it. I'll show that fabric (and more finds) on Friday for my Fabulous Fabric Friday post.
Amy's store is full of life. I love how the store is organized and they have great eye candy and inspiration everywhere.
Because they are "American Quilting" there is always great Americana quilting spotlighted in the store. I love the little Sunbonnet guys carrying flags. I'd love to make that sometime.
I zeroed in on the Lecien pretty fast. I limited myself to a couple fabrics. Hard to choose!
We went into the sale room and there was the Shop Hop fishing pond. Now I have wonderful memories of being a kid at the church bazaars and festivals with a fishing pole in my hand and fishing for little toys and prizes behind the blue cardboard screen. So I immediately grabbed a pole and started jumping up and down (well, nearly). Then I demanded Mr. Hive and Mason do the same thing. Hey! I knew they'd give me their prizes.
Look what I (we) won. Three really wonderful patterns from women I dearly love. A Holly Holderman pattern, a Leslie and Norma pattern and a pattern by Joyce. I was feeling very very lucky. And vintage candy came with the patterns. Mr. Hive got a "Big Hunk" which he promptly ate, of course. Amy knows how to throw a party.
The store was set-up and ready for Shop Hoppers. They had cutting stations everywhere. I love when a store gets my fabric cut fast. You can see that blue fabric is my sale piece and the others in front of it are mine, too.
I know it is a little early for Christmas but I loved seeing a little bit of Christmas displayed for Shop Hop. You just can't be too early for planning and creating lovely holiday things. There is something just really really sweet about these projects above.
Behind the cash register is this little display of mini quilts. Isn't that sweet? I was thinking that I need to recreate this somehow, somewhere in my home.
Before I left the store I snapped one more picture before dashing back to the car with a waiting Mr. Hive and Mason. This corner of the shop is so inviting. I love how Amy put the quilts in front of the window in a way to let the light still come through.

Sigh. Loved Shop Hop. Mason and Mr. Hive were pretty good company but you can't beat Lori. I'll have fabric to show later in the week. So stay tuned.

And!! ........ Drum roll. Yesterday I got a phone call from Debbie at the Quilting Cottage (see Shop Hop Part III). She said I WON their Shop Hop prize (stifled scream). It is a $100.00 gift certificate for fabric in their store. Holy Cow. This is my first Shop Hop win. And I'm so excited I wish that every day was a Shop Hop day. I will show what I get (of course) but I'm too excited to spend it at this point. I want to bask in the glow of dreaming about what fabric I could get.

-nanette
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

31 comments

Becky said...

Congratulations on your Shop Hop win!!!!! Enjoy! Have fun dreaming of ways to spend your gift certificate.

julieQ said...

That shop looks awesome! I love those little quilts displayed like that too...hey, enjoy your winnings!

Lurline said...

Lucy Girl! And don't you just love those little minnies hanging in a row!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Messy Karen said...

oh i really like one of those patterns you won. congrats on the big win.

AnnieO said...

Lucky lady! The patterns, fabric, and shop hop wins are the makings of a perfect quilty day :)

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

The fish pond ,how fun is that!! I love the 4th of July so that section looked wonderful to me!! Love the mini quilts, super cute. Now Congrats. on your win, that is a lot of $$$ for fabric, very fun!!!!

Laurel H. said...

Congratulations! And what a great Hop it seems to have been...

Jan Marie said...

Wow great prize. Can't wait to see your fabric.

amy smart said...

Yay! I'm so glad you made it. ;) And you scored! I can't think of anyone more deserving than you, Nanette.

Mel said...

Thanks for sharing the hopping! I love the display of the minis!

Congrats on winning!!

Cathi said...

Congratulations!!! That shop looks very enticing -- love the quilt on the wall in the second picture. :-)

Betsy said...

Fabulous shop Nanette.
I love the Christmas tree skirt.
Congratulations on your prizes. I know you will buy fabulous fabrics with that $100.00. Enjoy!

Thimbleanna said...

Oooh, how exciting! Whenever I get gift certificates, I always get analysis paralysis, so I hope that doesn't happen to you. Can't wait to see your fabric. And...did you say Big Hunk??? Those are the BEST!!! I LOVE them and I always buy multiples on the rare occasions that I find them -- just for hoarding LOL!

pratima said...

Oh,this shop is a quilter's dream!
Congratulations on the Shop Hop win and the patterns. That is super exciting! YAY!!
Happy day-dreaming ;~)

Anonymous said...

Loved your Shop Hop tour.....I want to go!!
And congratulations on the WIN. WoW
free fabric.....no guilt.....!!

Shelley said...

I had a great time "hopping" along virtually with you! Lots of eye candy and things to dream about! I am glad you won!

Needled Mom said...

Wow....what a win(s)!!! The eye candy was so much fun to see.

em's scrapbag said...

Congrats on your win!!!! That is AWESOME!!!! Love the tour of American Quilting. I would love to meet Amy but alas I have bad timing and she is never in when I stop by.

Brandie said...

Congrats on your win! That's a big one. You are going to have so much fun shopping for fabric.

Lynn said...

Ooooh the pressure of fabric shopping while husband and son are waiting. But it sounds like it worked out well with new fabrics and wins. I love seeing blog posts of where some of us shop for fabric - thanks!

Diane said...

Congrats! Its almost more fun to dream about what to get than to come home with the decision made :)

Sherri said...

Congrats Nanette...I know you'll put this to good use! Go shopping soon so we can see what you find!

Julie said...

Congrats on your win!! I made it to every shop but the three that are the farthest south. It was a fun shop hop. Hope you are having a great day. Julie

Dionne said...

That is WONDERFUL!! I'm so happy for you! Love the pictures as well...

Momoo said...

Congratulations on your shop hop wins. Mr. Hive and Mason are sure good sports, maybe you should get them interested in quilting :)

Retrogirl said...

Nanette, CONGRATULATIONS!!! How exciting to win goodies and a gift certificate, too! WOO HOO
All my best,
Heather

Retrogirl said...

Wow! I got so carried away I forgot to mention that I adore the minis, thank you for sharing.
Miss mini envy (Heather) =)

Red Geranium Cottage said...

LOVE the Americana display and those little mini quilts. I may have to copy that too in my home. It's tooo cute.

Julia said...

Congratulations Nanette,on your Shop Hop win!
Wow $100 cerificate,is a great prize to win while having fun at the same time..
Julia ♥

sewtakeahike said...

congratulations Nanette! that's an awesome win! and I agree, that mini quilt display is so cute!

Sinta Renee said...

Fun shop and shop hop... congrats on catching your limit! That is such a fun idea, I'm going to have to share that with my LQS. Especially since we live near a lake. Love the Schnibbles display... wish I had been there.