Gypsy Kisses Eyes

Thursday, July 22, 2010

So while I wait for my "new pattern" quilt to be quilted (Freda's Flowers) and I work on patterns that HAVE to be done (why is writing patterns so boring?), I'm spending bits and pieces of time on my Gypsy Kisses quilt.
Right now I'm appliqueing the black and white centers to the "eye" blocks. It goes pretty fast but it isn't my favorite applique project.
I don't really like it because I'm appliqueing on top of a hole in the block. I tried pinning the black dot and didn't really like that.
And using applique glue doesn't work well because there is just such a small amount of seam allowance to glue the middle part to and then it is hard to sweep my seam allowance under as I stitch.

Anyway, it's okay. I just have to keep on going. I will also admit this isn't my favorite quilt process (it hasn't been 100% fun) but I love each part when I make progress. And I'm so looking forward to my finished quilt. Eventually.

-nanette

You Might Also Like

34 comments

Popular Posts