Along with drawing up the pattern for her I made her a potholder block as a sample. I love the plumpness of the birdie.
I changed the design up a little bit and added a different fabric to accent his wing. I sketch embroidered it all with my machine and then tightly quilted the background so Mr. Birdie pops.
So now Natalie is finally getting around to making her quilt (since she's getting to a finish with her cacti.)
She's so organized. And she over preps. You have to admire that though. Here is her bag for wings....
and leaves. You see she's all cut out and ready to go. Hey! I recognize some of that fabric. Actually I'm happy to share with her. But most everything comes from her own stash. She is using all the same colors/fabrics for each part of the bird/wing and leaf. Very modern.
It's going to be really great. Her background will be various shades of grays/linen colors. She hasn't picked out her rick rack yet. I imagine that will be in similar colors too. I'll keep you posted on her progress. I'm excited to see her take the idea and make it her own.
P.S. Today is Mr. Hive's birthday. He really prefers very low key birthdays. But on Sunday we'll have a family dinner with Lori Holt's Strawberry Pie.