Misc. Wednesday

17 comments
Today's post is just a mash up of stuff at my house that I've been meaning to post. 
I saw these clippers online a few months ago.  I had to hunt around to find them.  They remind me of my mom who always loved scissors, especially clippers.  They are sharp and pretty.
We love beehives at my house.  My daughter brought me this cookie. and the metal bee and bee soap are from my sister, Michelle.  I will tell you that soap smells so amazing.
We are weird at my house, so keep that in mind.  This jar of "hand soap" was given to me by my daughter, Natalie.  I love love them.
The mold for the soap is obviously from dolls hands.  And the doll hands remind me so much of my childhood love of dolls.  I probably had a doll or two to match each doll hand soap.  I think they are so funny.
I showed Polly's quilt last week but I wanted to show you more of the chevron binding.  I really like it.  I'm going to bind more quilts with chevrons, I think.
No dogs were hurt in taking of this picture.  Shadow really got into the spirit of riding this horse.  We are cleaning out the "attic" at my house and this horse from years ago (Jamie's) was brought out to play around with.  I think most all the family had a ride that day.  We like to 'horse around'.
Last weekend the granddaughters came to visit for a few days.  Allison loved watching a movie in the laundry chute.  She didn't want to come out of it. 
Eliza is doing so well.  I tried to get a photo with her smiling.  She smiles with her whole face and especially her eyes.  She even giggles.  Every time I put the camera up to take a photo she stopped smiling.  What a cute face and sweet baby.

-nanette
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

17 comments

trish said...

What a fun post! :o) Those little "hand soaps" are too cute! And such a sweet pup on the horse. :o)
You have the best grandma house! Who else gets to play in a laundry shoot?! I wish I could. :o) Eliza is just a little angel! So sweet!! :o)

Sinta Renee said...

I was loving the bee hive cookie and the other goodies you were sharing.. but this last photo is adorable. I could look at that sweet face all day!

Cindy said...

I love all the bee skep stuff.We love bees here too! And those hand soaps are great! I want to make some:)

Nedra said...

You know Allison is going to have memories of watching movies in grandma's laundry shute. How fun.

jen duncan said...

omg I LOVE the hand soaps! Brilliant. And that baby girl--every time I look in her eyes I get a happy tear in mine. That girl was sent her for a reason FOR SURE! :-)

Darlene said...

The 'hand soaps' made me snicker and giggle.

When I first started doing some serious sewing I had a pair of Wiss thread clippers. They are still around but a bit dull. :-)

Look at the grandgirls - they are adorable.

Carrie P. said...

that hand soap cracks me up.
the girls are so cute. Allison would probably love a big box to play in. My daughter had a big one that she decorated with crayons and played in for a whole summer. We cut out windows and it was like her little playhouse.

Lynn said...

Thanks for the fun post, it made me smile today. Beautiful picture of Eliza, she looks like a doll baby. The laundry chute is just like a little clubhouse, adorable!

KatieQ said...

The kitchen cabinets in our summer house have 2 broom closets. I'm not enough of a housekeeper to need that many brooms, so one was always empty. When my son was little (he's now 26), he was convinced the empty broom closet was his club house. He stored all of his treasures inside. He still talks about his club house. I'm sure Allison will have memories of her private movie theater.

Glenna @ Hollyhock Quilts said...

Those hand soaps are a HOOT!! Love seeing the grandkids doing so well and looking so good...

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

My kids loved our laundry chute as well, but they used to throw stuffed animals down it, could not sit they would fall in!! The girls look wonderful. I tell you that little Eliza is a beauty just like her sister.

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

That hand soap is a hoot! And Allison in the laundry chute is super cute! And Eliza is just lovely. :-) Enjoy your girls! Grandkids seem to grow up faster than our own kids!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Looks like lots of fun going on over there, Nanette! What is it about children? They all love to be in small spaces like that. My sister and I used to have a "train" in the cabinets under Mama's kitchen sink! Eliza is getting prettier and prettier, and yes, you are a little weird, but that's why I like you! :)

Thimbleanna said...

I love all your randoms Nanette -- especially those two little cuties! That hand soap is too funny. And the dog on the rocking horse! It reminds me of my rocking horse in our attic -- I've lost one of the springs and I have no idea how to find another one!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Eliza! Allison in the laundry shoot is so funny! And those hands! Oh my gosh, hysterical...would be great to pass out at Halloween! xo, Nan

amy smart said...

Those are two of the cutest granddaughter pictures ever. That Eliza is so beautiful and the laundry shoot shot is priceless.

Glad all are safe in Alpine. Thank heaven for rain!

Lauren said...

I always enjoy looking at photos of your sewing projects, but I LOVE seeing photos of your precious grandaughters. They are both absolutely beautiful.