Cozy

Monday, January 26, 2009

I worked on several projects over the weekend and among them was the teapot block from Pink Penguin's tutorial. Ayumi has very generously made the template for the patten available through her blog.
I think I'm a fair sewer/quilter overall, but paper piecing is really not my strong point. You'll notice my lid is a little off. And I took liberties to simplify the lid/top some. I guess that is typical of me. The fabric combination turned out nice though.

I decided to make the block into a little tea cozy. So I added fabric to the sides and bottom and rounded off the edges before quilting it.Unfortunately the dimensions I used were kind of from a smallish teapot so I'm not even sure how practical this would be. But it is cute I think. Certainly not my best work, but charming.
A view from the back, sorta (if I hadn't lopped off the bottom when I cropped the pic). That little red flower print from Mary Englebreit's "Baskets of Flowers" line is really sweet isn't it? I can think of lots of projects it would enhance. I think I "need" more than the fat quarter I got at Broadbent's. I really like this same print in the pink background colorway, too. You can see it here. They are all quite lovely. Now that I think about it I wish I had more of this big dot too (in other colors), it makes great binding. Oh well, they'll make more. They always do.
-nanette

You Might Also Like

41 comments

Popular Posts