Fun Fabrics for Kits Friday

27 comments
When I cut out kits for my Etsy shop (or in this case for Etsy and the upcoming retreat) I like to cut out as many kits as possible at once. Since I make such a mess in my sewing room when I make kits I might as well go all out and pull every stack of fabric off my shelves, right? Tonight when I'm sorta finished I'll clean my sewing room and watch an old movie while I work. My favorite channels are the 4 old movie channels on our dish. LMN, AMC, TMC and FMC. Don't ask me what the letters stand for. Right now I have "Return to Payton Place", "Pocket full of Miracles", "National Velvet" and "Double Indemnity" taped. I suppose I'll watch one of those.

Now back to fabric. Sorry, I got off track there. Below are some fabrics I pulled today to cut into kits. I won't show you the mess I've made doing all this, however.

Sewing room goodies - this is a thick cotton with a deep golden yellow and black.
I love fabric with letters and writing on it. This is kind of a turn of the century newspaper print.
I know not everyone likes good old Sunbonnet Sue (Flora). But I just love her. This is cute, no?
I also really like fabric that has several prints on it. I feel like I'm getting more I guess. This juvenile print gives so much to enjoy.
Here is another one of the thick cotton fabrics in vintage style via Japan. Some of the things they write are hilarious as they try to coin our phrases.
I really love the colors in this vintage print. Again - lots of different prints wrapped up into one.
More thick cotton/linen fabric of many different images. I'm a sucker for sewing machine prints.
I've had this large scale reproduction print for a while. I love the 60's colors. Avocado green, powder blue, rusty orange and gold. I think this vintage gingham has some polyester in it. It kind of feels like one of the vintage sheetings. I like the scale and I think the billy goats are hilarious.

And last is the Christmas scene that Flora brought me. I am going to copy her idea from her cottage flimsy in my last post. Isn't this adorable? And so perfect for the cottages. Seriously? What would I do without Flora? Thank you.

Speaking of the cottages - look at how Sarah has her cottages arranged on her design board in her wonderful new sewing room. Scroll down. I love the sashing. I'm going to copy that, too. A mix of Flora and Sarah will be just perfect for my 2nd Christmas Cottage quilt.

Now go visit Amy. She recently sewed and quilted a wonderful bag from my "Mixed Bag to Quilt" pattern. It is fabulous. Love the orange.

Happy Weekend all. I don't plan on getting much sewing accomplished. Too many tasks on my "to do" list this weekend.

-nanette

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

27 comments

Sherri said...

Terrific fabrics...love them. I won't be sewing much this weekend either...sigh...too many basketball games to attend...oh well, maybe I can get a little stitching done!

em's scrapbag said...

What fabulously fun, fun fabric. You really have some amazing prints. Good luck with the to do list. Have a great weekend! Em

Abby and Stephanie said...

As usual, great fabrics. I especially love the deep golden yellow and black print! I need to find my sewing table so I can make the purse pattern or I can just admire the beautiful fabrics in the kit!

Betsy said...

you have got the best fabrics stories.
Thank you for sharing Sarah's blog. She makes beautiful things too.

Rachel said...

My favorites are the top sewing one and the bottom Christmas one. They are fabulous!

Unknown said...

Fabulous fabric . No not swearing at you .
clares craftroom

Annette said...

What fun fabrics! Thanks for sharing...you broaden our horizons. I need to look around more at what is out there.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

mmmm I love your friday fabrics!!! Great eye candy!

Shari said...

What great fabrics! Fun for the kits for sure

Mimi Sue said...

The fabric with the goats is adorable! You have some lovely stuff. Mimi

Crafts a la Mode said...

Hi, Nannette,
I love this last fabric. I've always loved the primitive paintings like Grandma Moses. Her son paints also. He must be old by now, too. :) I wonder what you will do with this fabric? Take care, I always check out your blog. It's so interesting. Linda

http://twosucculentsisters.blogspot.com/

Thimbleanna said...

You have the most fantastic fabrics Nanette!!! I especially LOVE that first fabric!

Nedra said...

That Flora is such a good friend! Tell her I say hello.

Cheryl said...

Those fabrics are so great, and very tempting!!

Kritta22 said...

Oh those fabrics are sooo yummy! Thanks for sharing!

I love the last fabric with a boys!

Unknown said...

Nanette, Such great fabric! I did pop over to Sarah's and you are right.... love the sashing! That will be a wonderful quilt. And Amy's Mixed Bag came out adorable.

Eileen said...

I always love your Friday Fabric posts. That one with the billy goats is terrific.. all the
60's-70's stuff is fabulous!
Thanks for posting the links. I read Sarah's blog but had not seen this new post with the cottages yet! I do love that sashing.

kcenya1950 said...

I think I have that orange and brown gingham in my stash or something quite like it. See, if you age your staff sufficiently it becomes "cool" again! Love the house fabric. And the newsprint pattern reminds me of what the tables at Wendy's used to look like. Oh, dear, am I dating myself or what?

Nedra said...

I need to sit next to Flora. The only quilt design I don't like is Sunbonnet Sue. The sashing on the cottages quilt was way cute.

Mary L. said...

Where in the world do you find such wonderful old fabric all the time? Love it!

Little Lady Patchwork said...

You always have the most fun and fabulous fabrics! It is hard to choose a favorite...hmmmm

Thanks for sharing the other blogs with us.

Niesz Vintage Home said...

Fantastic fabrics!
Love that first one and the large print 60's repro with the pears and litle birds. SO CUTE!

Kimberly :)

Oh, and I love TMC, too. (Turner Movie Classics, I think)

Cathi said...

I love looking at your fabrics! They are all so different. Where on earth do you find them all?

Lynn S said...

Can you share the manufacture/company and fabric name of the newprint design? It is great!!

Anonymous said...

These are all amazing! The houses print for your cottage quilt is perfect!!! I'm going to use my Thimbleberries cottage print for my cottage quilt. So our quilts will have a cottage border theme in common too! :)

Darlene said...

You have the cutest fabrics - I never find anything like those. Enjoy!

Nan said...

It is such a joy to look at your fabric collection. I must come look at your etsy shop again - I really, really want to create your bag pattern!
Sarah's cottages are adorable, and Amy did a lovely job of the bag! Thanks for sharing!