Princess Seamed Sweater

23 comments

I saw a cute sweater in this fall's issue of Interweave Knits (my favorite knitting magazine). It was a beautiful read sweater with cabled princess seams. I loved the proportions, and the 3/4 length sleeves, and almost instantly decided to add it to my queue of projects.

I used some fiery orange yarn that is a mixture of mohair and wool from Lamb's Pride. I love to wear bright colors and jewel tones, but orange is a bit of a departure for me, but I am liking it more and more these days.

The pattern was pretty simple to follow, but I changed the crochet edging at the neck and the bottom of the sweater to make the design look more girly. (I am finding more and more I like the girlier patterns).

I love the end result of the princess seams, and the loose sweater. It is a very warm sweater, I only wish I had completed it earlier in the season.

-
Shelbie
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

23 comments

Tina said...

I'm impressed with anyone who can knit a sweater! Love the details on this one. Beee.U.Ti.Ful!

flora said...

Very cute, both sweater and girl! Way to go.

flora said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Trisha said...

Your sweater is gorgeous! Congrats on another finished project. I am working hard to finish my first sweater. I hope it fits when I am done!

Lurline said...

Gorgeous, and so are you, too, Shelbie - love your name too - hugs - Lurline♥

Unknown said...

I love it and orange looks fantastic on you!

Betsy said...

Shelbie, the sweater looks spectacular on you. Nice job.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

What a very talented young lady you are! Your sweater is goreous.

Unknown said...

Great sweater. Personally I love the color.
Teresa

AverettLadyNana said...

Wonderful!!!
Your sweater is gorgeous!!!
Wish I knew how to knit. Seeing it makes me want to go out and take knitting classes.

Beth at Aunties said...

I love it! It is so flattering and looks like it is one of 'your' perfect colors. I am impressed!

Anonymous said...

Love it!!! I'm getting more and more into red.. something I never could wear until my hair started turning gray :)

Dionne said...

That sweater is beautiful. I wish I could knit, I love beautiful sweaters. It's great that you were able to modify the sweater slightly to fit your own style.
Cheers,
Dionne

Thimbleanna said...

Very nice Shelbie! It looks like you got a great fit. I love those cables at the seams too!

Robin said...

That is just beautiful, Shelbie! And it is a very flattering silhouette. You make me want to learn how to knit! :)

Candace said...

Shelbie - the sweater is gorgeous and orange is a great color for you! You knitting skills are really evolving!
Cheers!

pratima said...

The sweater is so beautiful! Love the crochet details and the color is gorgeous!!

Threeundertwo said...

That color looks great on you! Nice job.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

love your sweater and the color choice looks great with your skin tone and your hair, way to go!!!

Julia said...

Love the sweater...looks lovely on you Shelbie..Julia ♥

Pat said...

WOW.....what a terrific job you did. As one who can barely knit, I am super-impressed! It looks very pretty on you, too.

Anonymous said...

Wow Shelbie! Your sweater is gorgeous. I love everything about it. Not only are the pattern and color great, but it looks totally fabulous on you. Well done sister! x

Busy Little Quilter said...

Your sweater is beautiful. I like girlie details, too. You look great in orange. I, too, have been wearing more orange than I used to.