fierce fabric friday!

25 comments
Ok, so let me start off by saying that I was supposed to post twice while Nanette was at her quilting retreat. But she took the camera and I don't know how to upload pictures anyway. Also, blogger ate half my pictures for this post but I am sick and I get emotional and I gave up trying to fix it before I pushed the computer out of a window. So this is going to have to make due as the FRIDAY FABRIC POST:

Do you understand how when you abstain from something for a really long time that when you finally get to have it again there is a primal need to go totallly CRAZY OVERBOARD? Well I have been avoiding purchasing fabric for a while. I've been trying to save money and I've been really good. But a girl can only go so long.... I had a few gift cards and I needed some motivation to work on my quilts so I just went nuts.



There is another picture of this below but I also had pictures of purples and pinks and neutral solids, but somehow they disappeared and I can't get them back. Close your eyes and picture a stack of popcicle colored fabrics. mmmmmmmm.......




I am really growing my novelty fabrics as you can see above. I have a dream that someday I will have a little boy and he will love science and I will make him a robot quilt.




I am thinking of using this (above) as the back for my cactus quilt.






These are just some lovelies I picked up. They will make nice cactus, cactuses, cacti.... what is the plural of cactus anyway?





I bought this one in three colorways. It was more than excessive.



Here again is my stack of solids. I promise you that is about a foot and a half tall sitting on my bedroom floor. Well, almost. It was going to be more glorious when I showed the the color groups as individual pictures and then the whole grand stack as another picture. I think I accidentally deleted them when I tried to move them around, which I apparently don't know how to do. I need my mom back from her retreat.




This is another fabric I bought in four colorways except I don't regret the excess one bit. I love them! Especially the green.




This is kind of a secret. I raided my mom's antique and vintage fabrics while I was helping her get ready for her retreat (and a little bit while she's been gone, sshhhhhhh). I kept shoving little squares in my pocket when she wasn't looking. Except sometimes she was looking. Don't you think these will make nice cactus too? Oh good, I'm glad you all agree with me.
I am at the end now and I think I am missing more pictures. Oh well, at least I know that my fabric isn't missing. I've been using the sewing room while Nanette is away and in between laying in bed with a fever and trying to finish some math homework, I have been working on my bento box quilt! I think I will have the top finished before she gets back. Maybe I'll even show it to you soon. I desperately need some help picking out a back. Thanks for reading, I know we're all looking forward to hearing how the quilting retreat went and can't wait for Nanette's far more organized postings return. --Natalie
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

25 comments

Kaaren said...

What a riot and I promise I won't tell...not a word!

Waaay cool fabric too!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Yes, you did go a "tad" crazy but we all do. I love the Robot fabric, and I would grab a few things from her stash any day after all you are her daughter! thanks for showing us all your goodies, get well, and when you talk to your Mom please tell her we miss her. Happy weekend!

MichelleB said...

Too funny! I loved the post. Those solids are wonderful - and I love that orange robot fabric. Looking forward to seeing the Bento Box quilt.

Freda's Hive said...

Um I'm peeping in to see what you are up to. Of looks like naughtyness. Funny though. My 3 classes I taught are over and tonite is my trunk show. 250 plus women!!! Scary. It has been fun. I will have to come and resume order though! So watch out I'll be home tomorrow nite.

Unknown said...

natalie, it looks like you got caught. he he. good thing your not feeling well, she can't get too upset with you! hope you feel better. take care. enjoy your fabric!

Unknown said...

natalie, it looks like you got caught. he he. good thing your not feeling well, she can't get too upset with you! hope you feel better. take care. enjoy your fabric!

Susan said...

OMGoodness! living at your house is like living at a candy store. I really enjoyed reading this post.

jacquie said...

you have good taste! love your fabric choices...must be so much fun to have your mom's stash to raid every once and awhile!

jacquie said...

you have good taste! love your fabric choices...must be so much fun to have your mom's stash to raid every once and awhile!

Momoo said...

Very nice posting, especially when you are under the weather. A LOT of neat fabric. I should add some solids to my collection. Looking forward to seeing the cactus quilt. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Jodie said...

Well you certainly applied yourself to the shopping. What a great haul.
I am in love with the one you bought in three colourways....Do you know what it is called? I'd love to track some down.

Betsy said...

you did an excellent job posting.

Carrie P. said...

Natalie, your fabrics are fabulous. Your mom probably won't miss those little squares.

strawberrycream39 said...

Beautiful! I especially love all the fabrics in the robot picture. You have quite a nice variety! Feel better hon. --Jen

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Hi Natalie,
So glad to see a daughter loves fabric as much as her Mom. My daughter doesn't sew at all. Love your post and I'm sure she want miss the pieces.
Keep Stitchen'
Bonnie

Ginger Patches said...

Great fabrics! I hate it when I delete pictures...I do it a lot lol! If you backspace to correct something and go a space to far? Poof! Your picture is gone :( Even knowing how it happens I continue to do it lol!! Your rainbow stack is gorgeous!!

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

That was a great post even if photos did disappear. That used to happen to me a lot and was very frustrating. I finally figured out what I was doing and only occasionally delete pics now. I think your cacti/cactus quilt will be really neat. Can you show us more blocks in progress?

Celia said...

Oh well!!! I love all the pìcs!!!!!!!
Lovely fabrics in lovely colors and patterns! What else????
lol...

Sherri said...

I couldn't wait to read this post...heard about it from your Mom and Shelbie at the retreat! Your mom is Fabulous!!!

Dawn said...

Your mom did a fantastic job!! Both in teaching (I took the All Dressed-Up class) and with her trunk show. Loved every minute!! See what happens when the cat's away!!!

julieQ said...

Love those solids in a luscious stack, such eye candy, don't you think? We all need a little time to go "postal" at times...clears the air a bit!!

Val said...

I love all of the fabric and I can't wait to see your quilt top. You are doing great posting!!

Threeundertwo said...

I couldn't look at anything else once I saw those elephants!! Love them!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful solids- love those bright colours. Yes there are so many lovely fabrics out there.

I think you've been rumbled- quick sew them together! :-)

pratima said...

Ooh... lovely fabrics!!!
That stack of solids is so delicious!
Can't wait to see more of your Cactus quilt blocks. Hope you are feeling much better now :)
Take care!