FFFriday and Stash Show and Tell

40 comments
Fabulous Fabric Friday is always a weekly event here - well mostly. I like share peaks into my point of view and show my stash of vintage, reproduction and odd or novelty fabrics. I really don't know what I'll do with this fabric yet. The colors aren't exactly "me" but I like them anyway. When I saw this fabric it struck me as a possible theme fabric for a future quilt design. Other than that I think it is just so pretty and it shows my love for using fabric and thread. Here are 4 fabrics I absolutely love. I had to get them in all the colorways when I discovered this wonderful collection. I consider this one of my most valued "finds" since I have yardage in all 4 colors (and not just a fat quarter). My most very favorite fabric is vintage or reproduction kitchen print. And this one is super adorable. And don't ask where I got it. My lips are sealed.
This is another fun kitchen print from Japan. I love all of the little squares with kitchen items except the one with the fish. I don't like the word fish and I don't like the shape or look of a fish (except to eat). I don't think you'll ever find a fish in project of mine. I know that is kooky so now you've seen my neurotic side - if you didn't already have a glimpse before.
When I was in 1st grade my mother made me a dress with turquoise roses. I have dear love for any rose print in this color. I suppose it is a quest to recreate that feeling of watching my mother make my dress and wearing it proudly. I need to see if I can dig up a picture of me in that dress. Anyway this is a vintage print. Sweet - isn't it.This vintage fruit print reminds me of Eileen. Eileen and I have swapped fabric and we are drawn to very similar colors and prints. This just looks like something I'd find on her shelf, too.
Last week I had a question from Lynn about this fabric. Lynn, I would have emailed you but your email address is not attached to your profile. That happens so often to me when I want to talk to some of you - but your email is not accessible. Anyway Lynn asked me what this fabric is so I'll tell you what the selvage says. I'm not sure where to find it, however. "Lecien Vintage Collection". That's all. Wish I could be more help.

You should see my "to do" list for the weekend. I need 4 arms and 6 legs to get it all done.

-nanette
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

40 comments

Anonymous said...

Looking at your fabrics is like a walk down memory lane for me..

Des said...

Um....goldfish....tilipia....salmon....grouper.....cod.....halibut....orange roughy.....tuna. Have you ever had a fresh tuna steak?? This is what happens in landlocked states. No love for fish!!

THAT cracks me up that you don't like fish in your projects. I'm going to be on the lookout now.

I'll take 1/2 yard cuts of everything. Thank you.

Sherri said...

Well I WAS going to ask you where you got that great fabric in the four colorways...but since you can't tell...I'll just say that I love all of these fabrics. And I love to eat fish...but I don't like to look at them either!

Jodi Nelson said...

Oh goodness that kitchen fabric is so fantastic! Cute! Adorable! Yes, great find girl!
ooxx`jod

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

I love fridays! You have such wonderful fabric, I do not like fish to look at, and for sure not to eat. I am a little strange! Have a great weekend!

CJ said...

When you use that Japanese (with FRENCH?) fabric just make something to cover the fi**! Little appliques of something or some yo-yos. Happy Fabric Friday, Nanette!

Thimbleanna said...

I swear. Where do you find all of your cuuuute Japanese fabrics? I LOVE the fabric in that third picture!

Abby and Stephanie said...

The 4 colorway fabrics with the teapots...how do I love thee? Let me count the ways....:o)

Abby and Stephanie said...

The 4 colorway fabrics with the teapots...how do I love thee? Let me count the ways....:o)

Browndirtcottage said...

Love them all....I want..I want.......*LOL* how about 6 arms and 4 legs...???

rachel griffith said...

can you just adopt me???
tehehehe.

as always...
LOVE all your fabrics!!!

Karen said...

Hey N,
My little 5 year old grand daughter was looking at your fabrics with me and informed me that she thought I, "should get some liked hers, cuz they're cute". She's got a good eye and I have to say that I agree with her...they are cute! As for the 6/4, think I might need a few more than that. Happy Friday;)

Betsy said...

I just love your Friday report on fabric!

Carrie P. said...

I just love coming to your blog on Fridays. So much fun to see the fabrics.

Scrappy-Quilter said...

just found your blog and love the fabric you have show today. would you consider making aprons or curtains or hot pads or tablerunners for your kitchen outta them?
Eileen C

Elizabeth said...

I absolutely LOVE that top fabric!! It's probably a good thing I don't have your skills at finding such things or I'd be even more buried in cloth than I already am!

Barbara said...

Love it all, but those kitchen prints in particular - what a great find! Good luck this weekend.

Susan said...

Fab colors, fab fabrics; I never gave much thought to kitchen themed prints before there was you. You have got the best collection.

Pat said...

You sure to acquire some of the most adorable prints I've ever seen! Thanks for taking the time to share the photos with us.

Carla said...

Teapots are my fav. Love'em, love'em, love'em. Especially the yellow. Like all your fabrics this week except maybe the fruit. Not so much that one.

Lurline said...

Your fabrics are just so whimsical and gorgeous - have you always filled your stash with this type of fabric? We'd have to scout far and wide over here to get them!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Lynn S said...

I love fabrics with sewing notions on them! Thanks for the info on the newsprint fabric!

Eileen said...

ha-ha.. you are right.. I was just htinking "hey.. I have something almost just like that somewhere"..

Also.. the blue roses. Or is that teal? Does it need to have brown too?

Dawn said...

Well...are your lips sealed super tight??? I love all your fabrics. One of these days I need to blog about all the vintage fabrics I inherited from my mom!! I think you would like them.

Mel said...

Nanette, love the 4 way colored fabrics!! You are so sneaky!! I love cartoony fish, think they are cute and fun, but I HATE to eat any type of seafood.
I love my Friday visits with you!

strawberrycream39 said...

Hi Nanette! Another great look into your stash! Psst...how's about an eensy hint as to where you got that kitchen fabric in the four colorways?? Maybe??

Have a good productive weekend!! xo Jen

jen duncan said...

Whaddaya mean you can't tell us?! Ya' big tease!!
Oh well, I probably didn't need to be shopping for more fabric this weekend anyway. ;-)

Val said...

I love the fabrics. They are just great. I know what you mean about so much to do. There needs to be several of me too!

Nan said...

Another happy, happy Friday of wonderful fabric! I am in love with the 4 kitchen fabrics that your lips are sealed about - they are just too cute. I think the kitchen fabric just below them is wonderful, too! Even the fish! LOL! You would really hate "wonky fish" wouldn't you? Tee hee....I'm sorry - I just had to say it!

Di~ said...

I take things so literal...4 arms 6 legs...sewing...hmmm it would certainly be productive! Tell Chelsey H.B. from me and that I think she has a gorgeous smile!

Cathi said...

Those fabrics are all so cheerful!! They make me smile just looking at them -- must be an absolute joy working with them!

Lisa said...

love the kitchen print!!!!

Kaaren said...

Nanette, this is my first visit to your blog (I'm a newbie blogger) and your site is a breath of freah air! I love ALL things vintage and I can't wait to find out where we can get some of that "new" fabric.

sewtakeahike said...

well doggone it Nanette! It seems that lately I haven't been on my computer as much and when I visit your blog, you have so many cute posts to look through! I am really loving that kitchen fabric you have in the different colorways, I think I did a food tag before Christmas that used some of the utensils from that fabric!

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

I love to come over and look at your vintage fabric, always the neatest pieces. If you find a way to get more arms and legs let me know...
Keep Stitchen'
Bonnie

Niesz Vintage Home said...

Great fabrics! The graphics on the kitchen prints are too cute!
Love all the colorways, too.

Kimberly :)

Unknown said...

Oh Nanette, I just love the fabrics! Very vintage!! Don't worry we all have our neurotic sides. Will you cut the fish out of this fabric before you sew it into something.

happy zombie said...

Oh that yellow/white/pink/aqua set is pure eye-candy! My eyes just went into sugar shock!

Anonymous said...

Hi I'm popping in (nosing around) fellow Time For Tea Swappers.

You have some beautiful fabrics. I'm fond of rose prints too but the bright ones always get my attention first. I then have to hunt for something plain when I want to use them. LOL

shelia said...

oh my goodness...i find myself coveting your fabric :0