Updating Handmade Christmas 2009 post

31 comments
I hope everyone is ready to get back into the swing of things after all the holidays. I know I'm not!

I've decided the easiest way for me to update the latest links and ideas for the "Great Ideas for a Handmade Christmas 2009" is to just keep updating my original post about this. That way I won't be making new posts and then having to add all the ideas together at some point. So please go back down to the original post and look at your ideas I've posted so far. I'll update every few days. Thanks to everyone for the ideas so far. Keep 'em coming. My resolve for 2009 is to be better organized and having all the Christmas links together will help me keep that resolution (better than a diet!).

For Des - I can't make another post without a picture. So here is what I'm currently making, other than finishing quilting and binding the last of my "doll house" potholders.

You know Valentine's Day is 37 days away. I am making quilted Valentine Cards. They are small - 6"-8" in size. I seem to be making lots of small things lately. It is kind of fun to finish a tiny quilt in a jiffy. You can see the post mark feed sack, that I got for Christmas, is coming in handy. I am sewing a little post mark square in the upper right hand corner of each Valentine.

Underneath the valentines is fabric I'm going to use in the black/white challenge. I'm designing the quilt in my mind right now and pulling fabrics I think might work.

Go wish Eileen a Happy Birthday today! And in 2 days it is Terri's birthday at Purple and Paisley. And she's having a giveaway everyday all week to celebrate. Yayy Terri (I couldn't resist putting that in purple font). Happy Birthday to two of my bestest gal pals.

-nanette

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

31 comments

MichelleB said...

Love the little cards! What a great idea.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Boy, you are on top of things, very, very cute.
So, is there a way to link your button to just that post. I am not sure how to link to just one post?

jacquie said...

those valentines are so darling. i know i've said it before, but you have the greatest fabrics!

Des said...

Whew! That was a close one. I don't know if I could handle one more post sans photos!

CUTE valentines!!!!

Unknown said...

I always LOVE to come by and see what you are up to.

Those valentines are just the cutest things ever!

You do have the best fabrics!

Marlene

julia said...

Hi Nanette,
those Valentine's cards are darling!
It's so great that you do all the work to put the HC2009 all together...my tip: open a new blog (something like handmadechristmas2009.blogspot.com) and export your post so that you don't have to re-write it. Then you could categorize the tutorial in seperate posts...I thought it would - perhaps - be easier for you, as you could allow more than one author to contribute & everything were together at a central place...
Should have made this suggestion earlier...;o)
Cheers, Julia

em's scrapbag said...

What sweet little Valentines. Who ever gets one will surely feel loved.

Unknown said...

I love the little valentine's cards. Especially the post mark! Nice touch. I will be putting the link on my site now. Thanks so much for doing this Nanette!

Patty said...

I love your valentine cards; they are too cute!

Purple and Paisley said...

the quilted valentine cards are seriously cute...the postmark fabric is just perfect on them...thank you so much for the link...you know i appreciate all you do for me...☺

Abby and Stephanie said...

DARLING potholders. I have some very cute Valentine's fabric I was thinking of how to use. :o)

pratima said...

Your Valentine cards are so so cute! Love the postage stamps :)
Thanks again so much for devoting time to make Handmade Christmas come together.

Candace said...

What darling Valentine's, Nanette! The recipient's will certainly feel loved! Such a great idea! Guess I better get in gear - can't believe Valentine's Day is so close - and Mr. Squash has a birthday 2 days before!
Cheers!

Cathi said...

Your valentine quilts are fabulous! Lucky, lucky recipients of those -- they're absolute treasures!

Eileen said...

Oh.. those are darling post cards! That stamp feedsack is tremendous.. and what a clever way to use it. :-)
You are going to have the cutest black and white quilt of the whole bunch.. I just KNOW it.
Thank you so much for the birthday wishes.. and the present!

Sherri said...

Those Valentine's cards are sooo cute!

Mimi Sue said...

Love the potholders. I might have to make some. The fabric is gorgeous. Mimi

Unknown said...

loving those potholders - I don't think I could use them though, they deserve to be hung on the wall like art! They are just too too cute!

Ginger Patches said...

Adorable little cards!

happy zombie said...

What darling Valentines! Love em, and they look so PamKittyMorning-ishy adorable!

Lily Boot said...

oh nanette you are gorgeous! I love the Valentine's cards and we are obviously thinking alike - I'm so determined to be calm and organised this year, I was planning my Valentine's Evening dining table, door quilt and pillow cases. Now I might have to make some of those lovely cards too! Thanks for the boost!

Jessica said...

I love those valentine cards--I've started to think about Christmas 09 as well...

Unknown said...

I love the "new" look of the blog Nanette...it's very inviting of course and those little valentines, well, I never think of valentines, till....the afternoon of the 14th...you are too romantic girl!

Nerm said...

Those valentines are so darn cute and the stamp in the corner is a great touch. Maybe I'll imitate you and make some for my grands. I love quick projects that are still cute. Impact without pain! LOL nerm

Karen said...

Those little cards are adorable - just love them. I'm finally catching up on blogs and I'm off to check our your handmade link. My goal for 2009 is also ORGANIZATION which will result in a more calmer, personal holiday season. This past one was a bit nuts and I swore NEVER AGAIN, LOL.

Hugs - Karen

Caesar Beezer The Wonder Dog said...

I was looking for a little inspiration - came to your blog and found it! Thanks and Happy New Year to you! xo, The Other Nanette

Threeundertwo said...

Adorable! The postmark fabric is so cute! Come to think of it, I have some vintage-look Valentines fabric around here somewhere. . .

Nan said...

Those Valentines are just the sweetest little quilts! The trademark is perfection. You have THE BEST fabrics, Nanette!

CJ said...

CUTE Valentine postcards! Love the postmarks you added.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Again...........CUTE CUTE CUTE!!!!!!!

anosh said...

شراء اثاث مستعمل بالرياض
شراء اثاث مستعمل الرياض
اثاث مستعمل بالرياض
شراء اثاث مستعمل شمال الرياض
شركات شراء الاثاث المستعمل بالرياض
حقين شراء الاثاث المستعمل بالرياض