FFF for the End of July 2009

25 comments
Wowie. I can't believe the year is flying by and we are almost in August. My youngest 2 kids go back to school in 3 weeks. Yikes. I'm not ready for that yet.

Fabric Friday is kind of a potpourri today. (Potpourri is a word I don't think I've ever typed. Weird.)
Flora brought me a little present of this Heather Ross fabric sample set. This is fabric I've always thought was very cute and of course I love the matryoshkas. Thanks Flora. I'll probably fussy cut this for lots of things. I think the matryoshka in the window of a cottage would be cute.
These 2 Japanese prints are similar in color and texture I think.
I really like fabric with words and symbols on it. More fussy cutting!This is very unusual fabric. You might want to click the picture to make it bigger. Very strange. I can't decide if it is for lots of seasons or just for Valentine's because there what appears to be Christmas trees in some of the squares but also a lot of Valentines. What do you think?I gotta say the face and expression on the Cupie girl is disturbing. Almost creepy. But I'm going to use this fabric no matter what. And this selvage is a keeper.
I don't only use Japanese and vintage fabric ya know. Well, mostly I guess. But I'm making a quilt for my grandnephew and decided to use some of these domestic travel/vehicle fat quarters I had in oranges and blues. More on this next week when I get further into the project.
This vintage kitty print looks perfect for a little girl quilt, don't you think? Another one I hate to cut up. I love border prints.
These 2 mini prints just happened into my stash. I think they are delightful. But enough about fabric. I have stuff to do. I'm busy with so much this weekend.
Like binding this......(my oh my, I love it)
and this. I have to hurry because next weekend is the Alpine Days Quilt Show and I would love to enter these in the show with some other quilts of mine. It isn't a judged show. It is just for fun. The best kind.

-busy Nanette
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

25 comments

Betsy said...

Nanette, as usual I love your selection of fabrics and how you will use them.
Your Christmas cottage quilt looks like it will make for Christmas after all. Will you display it or use it?

Nedra said...

Flora really knows your taste.
And the cupie doll? Why did they put a Jay Leno chin on a little girl? I agree, kind of weird.
And school starts here in 13 days!

dotti white said...

Nanette...I love the fabric that you shared. I think the cupie doll is definitely "interesting" :) The tree appears to be an outdoor tree, though, so I think it qualifies as a valentine's theme. Just like me...lots of work...and school is coming too fast!!! Have a wonderful weekend!

Jan said...

Great fabric ... even the cupid doll. She made me LOL! The "trees" are covered w/snow outdoors, so I'm thinking a "wintery" Valentine's Day w/a little "Rudolph" mixed in!!! Can't wait to see what you do w/it all :)

Elizabeth said...

I love it all, especially the matryoshkas. I love the fabric with the cars and trucks too. Of course as soon as I get my first girl there are tons of cute boy fabrics. It seems like I couldn't find any cute boy fabric when mine were little.

Unknown said...

all so wonderful!!!

And almost August already - where has the year gone to?!

Unknown said...

You always have the best fabrics and they are always saying, "I belong with Nanette!!!".

I am sitting here waiting on Fedex with baited breath for this weeks fabrics. I am so excited.

You got the quilts back from the quilter!!1 I LOVE the wind swirls and the snowflakes!!! that is just so cool...and the football quilt turned out really well! I bet she is going to adore it. It's hip and feminine and really cool.

free indeed said...

I'm with you...this has been the shortest non summer summer we've had since.....last summer! LOL. Rain rain rain and cool cool cool. My youngest heads off to college in a couple weeks as well, and then hubby and I are alone as we haven't been in 30 yrs! I'm hoping to do more in the sewing room....does it actually happen?
Love your fabris...those babushkas are too cute....wish I had a local source for such cuteness.

erica e said...

have fun at the quilt show! good for you for entering. what fun! and these are great quilts!

Lynn said...

A just for fun quilt show - they are the most fun - I hope we'll see pictures. Once again I have Fabric Friday Envy!

Browndirtcottage said...

Unusual fabrics indeed....especially the one featuring Christmas trees AND
valentines...I like the kitty border too...your quilt projects are looking good too.....I think the blue and orange are good colors for the grandnephew.

pratima said...

The fabrics are soo cute, Nanette.
Some of them are going to be awesome when you fussy cut.

I had a really good laugh reading about your comment on the cupid girl while zooming on to her face.. even though it's very mean of me :(

Your quilty sneak peaks are looking so good. The quilting on christmas houses is beautiful! Looking forward to see them in full color :)

Cathi said...

The fabric is interesting -- but I don't necessarily think it's Christmas trees so much as a scene out for a walk in front of an evergreen. I think it's more a spring/summer/Valentine's print than anything!

Laura said...

The cupie girl fabric is a selvage keeper for sure. Don't think I've seen prettier selvage. I love the little deer.

Anonymous said...

The vintage kitty border fabric is my favorite. I'm with you on the Valentine-Christmas print all the way.

Candace said...

So many fun prints! I think Miss Cupie might be holding a flesh colored lollipop in front of her face? Definitely strange!
Cheers!

strawberrycream39 said...

Oooh, your Christmas cottage quilt! Yaay! I can't wait to see it! Wait, aren't there more than one? This is the first, right? It looks sooo nice, love the quilting!
Your Friday fabrics are so cute, as always! The Eagles quilt is perfect.

Dawn said...

Can't wait to see your Christmas Cottage quilt! Cute fabrics...even the strange one!! I have a few more birdies on the wall!!

Pat said...

I agree with those who have already said the Cupie is just standing in front of an outdoor evergreen tree...so I say it's a Valentine's fabric and not Christmas.

Lurline said...

Great variety once again - I love the kitty fabric, here we would likely say pussy fabric - and I know what that means in your language, lol! Also they are kewpie dolls to us (1909) and that just isn't fair what they have done to that little sweetie - yes, perhaps she does have a lollipop!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Micki said...

All the fabrics are so bright and cheery. I really love the kitty fabric!
Micki

Thimbleanna said...

Great fabrics, as always Ms. Hive. I LOVE those cute little Japanese prints!

Lori Holt said...

Love the fabrics Nanette...see you on Friday!
x Lori

Anonymous said...

Hi Nanette, I love the Heather Ross fabrics. I have been looking for her Far Far Away fabrics with no luck... let me know if you run across them in your travels. best, Calli

Unknown said...

flora gave you heather ross fabric????
do you know you hit the mother lode???
since it's all but gone in the world... that poplin just feels so incredible. i'm hoarding mine and don't know what i'm making with it. i'll figure something out.