Friday, September 2, 2011

Fabric Friday = New Denyse

If you haven't heard, Denyse Schmidt has a new line of fabric called Sugar Creek. It is sold exclusively at Joann's. Joann's isn't my favorite store for customer service so I was lucky my daughter Shelbie stopped by Joann's for me. And it seems this line is selling like hotcakes, just like Denyse's past fabric lines. Thanks Lori for the heads up.
The navy is my least favorite but I realize navy is showing up in lots of fabric this season. I think navy is the new black right now. I have so many ideas of things I could do with these fabrics.
The blue and green are really great together. I like all of the prints. The mix of floral with geometrics are perfect for me because I don't like matchy-matchy lines and just like past lines from Denyse, they look like they were pulled off a shelf from a vintage sewing room.
I purchased more of the green floral (so beautiful) so I can use that as a border. I don't really think these photos do the fabrics justice. They are more lovely in person.
This is my pack of fabric from Denyse's last line. I've used quite a few of them but still have bits and pieces left so I may pull a few of these and mix them with the new line. We'll see if it works out. I just love Denyse Schmidt fabric.

-nanette

17 comments:

Lori Holt said...

You're welcome Nanette...I'm glad you found some!...
We need to do a project together with our DS fabrics...hmmm.
any ideas?
xx
Lori

Vicki said...

They are so cute. I made a 4th of July top for my dd with the last DS line, and bought a few pieces of this new line the other week. I got a yard of the large green floral, I think it needs to be a fall-ish top or dress for my girl. :0)

jlk said...

I couldn't resist picking up a few pieces either!

Remembrances said...

I need to go look at the closest JoAnns. Although I, like you, am not thrilled with their customer service - especially since they closed all of the smaller stores here in favor of a couple of "super" stores. UGH. Karin

The Tulip Patch said...

The green floral is my fave as well. I am skipping this line, though To me is it so similar to the last one (the blue/green at least) so I am going to pass and try to use up my stash instead.

Muddling Through said...

Thanks for the heads up, Nanette. Those fabrics really look great, even on the computer. I'll have to look online though, because even those are not going to tempt me out into this heat. LOL

Rae Ann said...

They really are gorgeous fabrics! I picked up a few myself last week after reading about it on Lori's blog. I think that girl gets me into trouble... LOL... just kidding! I seem to do that all by myself!!! I was happy she told me about it. I adore the ones that you found... especially the green floral!

Darlene's Quilts and Stuff said...

I was at Joann's today but didn't buy fabric. Those you have are wonderful.

Kimberly said...

Oh, I saw those just today and now I wish I'd gotten some! Can't wait to see what you do with them!

pratima said...

Nanette, thank you for the pictures of this latest collection. Denyse Schmidt's fabrics are wonderful and have that vintage charm we all love so much! It is great to see her fabrics in Jo-Ann's :-)
Have a restful long weekend!

amy smart said...

I finally got my hands on some today. I know what you mean - I like them because they look nice together but they're not too matchy. Leave it to Denyse to get me to go back into JoAnn's. But Rotary Blades were on sale, so that was good too.

Thimbleanna said...

Oh, you lucky girl! I haven't ventured into JoAnn's yet this go-round. I'm getting too much fabric. It's making me nervous. There's SOOOO much choice now it's unbelieveable!!!

Sherri said...

I love the new Denyse fabrics...and the old. Hoping I can find the other color way soon...even if on-line! Can't wait to see what you'll make!

Sandi said...

Oh, and I was at JoAnn's on Friday but did not see any of this. I'll check it out on Tuesday when I go for a dr's appointment. It will be my treat. :-)

Cathy said...

Lovely to see the new fabrics, I'm hoping they come to Australia again too like the first range did. xo

Vickie E said...

Nanette, I bought a bunch of the green floral too! for the same reason.. :) great minds :)

Jen in NY said...

Oh I didn't know Denyse had a new line! Thanks for letting me know. It's lovely, just like the older one.