Last Minute Christmas Gifts

16 comments
I have been pretty busy this past week - wrapping up the last minute things that need to get done before the holiday.

A co-worker of mine has a crocheted stocking that his grandmother made him when he was a child. It is white, and has his name in green, and features a small train. This is a prized possession of his, that he now displays in his own home every Christmas.

When he got married last her, he and his wife felt a little sad that he had a nice stocking that was made by his grandmother, and she didn't have one to match. So, this year, he asked me to make a stocking for his wife to match his.

I didn't have a pattern, and I could only have a few days to look at the pattern - because he didn't want his wife to know that the stocking was missing - so I just took it, and took the best dimensions I could, and did my best to replicate a similar stocking for his wife. I hope he and his wife like it. Before I put the name on, I actually had a nightmare that he didn't remember how to spell her name, and I wasn't sure exactly how to proceed.

I really hope that the both of them like it.

For my other co-workers, I knitted them washcloths, and put soap with them. My original plan - back in November, was to do one or two washcloths a week. But I still ended up doing the majority of my knitting this past weekend. Oops. Merry Christmas (Eve) -

Shelbie
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

16 comments

Betsy said...

wow those washcloths are awesome.
I am sure your co-workers will love the feel of these. You've done good!

Christina said...

I love the stocking so full of love and I'm sure she will too. What a great idea for your co-workers. Have a great Christmas!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh, I know she will love the stocking and I just love the idea for your co-workers, I may have to steal that for next year!!

Anonymous said...

You have the neatest ideas! Unfortunately for me, I don't know how to knit, but someday..... You have given me so many idea for practial homemade gifts for next year. Perhaps I had better start now or I'll be like you still trying to finish up the day before Christmas! LOL. Take time for yourself, you really deserve it.
Rae

PamKittyMorning said...

Really cute, what a sweet husband and what a good friend you are. Have a very Merry Christmas Nanette. Thanks for the gift of inspiration and encouragement all year.

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

Shelbie,
I do the same thing - plan to make one a week of something so I won't be rushing at the end. Never works! LOL Here I am still scurrying at the last minute. You all have a Merry Christmas!!
Sandi Clause

Browndirtcottage said...

You always have the cutest knitting projects. These are very good ideas!!

Sara said...

I knit some back scrubbers and gave them with soap! They turned out adorable - and don't you know I did not take the first photo!

Amanda Jean said...

i love the idea of giving the dishcloths attached to the soap! such a great idea!

Patty said...

I love your washcloth/soap idea; it lets others know you are thinking about them without it being costly.

Lurline said...

Daytime here - we have had a lovely breakfast and now thinking about lunch - two DD's are entertaining today so that's lovely! You will have to tell us about your washcloths - for the body or dishes? - what sort of cotton etc. They look great!
Happy Christmas Day - hugs - Lurline♥

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Merry Christmas Nanette!!

Kritta22 said...

What lucky co-workers you have!! You are so wonderful! I hope you had a Merry Christmas!

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

What a cute idea with the dish cloths and soap - I always pick up those Bath and Body Works antibacterial soaps for gifts for people and feel like they get sick of them after a while. What a cute way to make them more than just soap. :)

Lindsey said...

Love that Lindsey stocking! You've inspired me...
fivehealthyhearts.blogspot.com

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Very nice! Did you know that when those soap dispensers are empty, you can just add about 2T of body wash and fill the remainder with water to make a new batch of hand soap. It's frugal and so nice to have your favorite fragrance as well!

But I love the clothes the best!

Smiles,
Lea