A Project

9 comments
I'm using the "post ahead" feature again. I love that about blogger. It is like being 2 places at the same time. So while you are reading this I'm probably making food for the wedding/reception.

Everyone needs an event at their home now and then to motivate action. Even though it is hard while you are doing it, the aftermath will be enjoyable. There are so many projects I have been trying to complete and so I'll show just one of them today.
My mom, Freda, loved to slipcover and upholster. Something I'm not very excited about doing but sometimes it must be done. An ottoman is doable for me. I made this ottoman cover from home dec fabric to cover-up a much used, but still very sturdy ottoman in our family room.
Normally I wouldn't choose fabric so "modern". But I think it goes well in the family room to bring some pattern and color to the room. We did get new furniture recently for our family room. Not a purchase we really wanted to or planned to make this year, especially with a wedding, but with lots of events at our house, we decided to make a few needed changes. If you look really carefully you can see our dog Shadow sitting on the back of the new sofa.

-nanette

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

9 comments

Lurline said...

Very, very nice! Thinking of you with al those wedding preps! Hugs - Lurline♥

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

I love it and you are right, it does brighten up your room. Thinking of you this week, enjoy!

Sherri said...

Wonderful fabric choice...enjoy the week...I'm thinking of you, and hoping you get all the rest you need with so many things going on! Well...maybe you won't get any rest this week...but hopefully next!

Dawn said...

I like your choice of fabric. It looks fantastic in your family room. Enjoy your wedding festivities.

Thimbleanna said...

Very pretty Nanette! I love how Shadow just blends into the new couch. Hope all is going well with the festivities -- your inbox will be bursting by the time you re-join us!

MichelleB said...

I love that fabric! It goes perfectly in your room.

Micki said...

I love the fabric that you chose. It really has a wonderful effect on the whole room!
Micki

em's scrapbag said...

Very nice. Hope the wedding went well and you can relaz now.

Castle said...

Thank you for posting this! That ottoman looks quite splendid, in my opinion. I should start readying my house in the same way, since we'll be hosting a wedding reception in two month's time!