April 1st Fabric Friday

9 comments
It feels like an eternity since I last posted Fabric Friday. I will have to look back and see when my last fabric post was. I have some cute new pieces to show today.
My sweet friend Sherri at A Quilting Life sent me these sewing themed prints. I haven't seen these online or at the store so they were a wonderful surprise to open and enjoy. The blue and olive are really pretty colors, too. Thanks Sherri.
Debbie reads my blog from Maryland. She told me about this vintage fabric that she had acquired that reminded her of me. Of course I begged her to send it on over. It is a perfect vintage novelty kitchen print - my favorite kind.
The chickens and little farm theme fit my home completely. And there is quite a bit of yardage, too. It will work perfectly for a vintage themed quilt. And I love border prints Thanks so much Debbie.
This Moda charm pack is a cute new fabric this spring. I would have opened it to show you but you can click here to get a better photo. I still think a charm pack is a really good value if you want to have just a taste of each fabric in a line. This is just a really cute line.
I think I'll use it to make new butterflies using the re-sized/revamped tutorial over at Amy's blog. If you scroll down to near the bottom you can see her tutorial for using charm packs. This brown above will make a nice neutral for the backgrounds in the butterflies. I haven't decided what I might use for the intersecting body. But I think these fabrics are all a good choice to start.

Have a nice weekend everyone. I'm going to do some straightening and putting away in my sewing room and make some flags to add to my 2011 flag quilt while listening to LDS April Conference. Hopefully I'll have sewing to show you next week.

-nanette
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

9 comments

debbie m said...

Glad you like the fabric :o)
I agree about charm packs. I want it all and that is the easiest way to get it, lol. I just wish more companies would sell charms. One of the local quilt shops use to make her own from other fabric lines, but isn't doing that right now.

Glenna @ Hollyhock Quilts said...

Great stuff, Nanette! You've got some fun sewing ahead!!

Lori Holt said...

Love it all Nanette:)
I have the sewing fabric too...I got it at Nadines...she has the whole line in!
I think the weave look fabric would be perfect for another butterfly quilt:)
Glad you're back BFF!
xx
Lori

Browndirtcottage said...

...YEP....that's some good 'stuff' for your stash girl!

Thimbleanna said...

Great fabrics Nanette! I especially love those sewing themed prints!

Unknown said...

All fabulous fabrics! I especially love the ones that Sherri sent to you! I just did some straightening and cleaning in my studio today too. Good luck!

donna said...

Your fabrics are so cute. What fun it is to get stuff in the mail.
Hugs
donna

Sherri said...

So glad you liked the fabrics! I got mine on-line at hawthorne threads. Can't wait to see your Riley Blake market quilt!!!

alobsiger said...

Lots of loveliness in your post, Nanette!! Thanks for the butterfly mention. That brown will be a superb background. Is that Heath? I love that print in all its colors! Have fun!