Alpine Days Art Show 2010

9 comments
I love being able to prepost or else my blog would be empty this week.

Across the hall from the Quilt Show is the annual Art Show. I always love to see what local artists are painting and making. It was exciting to see so many young artists participating.
I loved this peaceful church scene and how it takes you back to simpler times.
I love paintings of homes and barns. This one is a very pleasant farm scene.
I absolutely loved this painting. Beautiful, captivating and spiritual.
I thought this remake of the Mona Lisa was amazing. Who wouldn't want that hanging in their home?
Love the colors and vibrancy of this piece.
Another great home/farm scene.
This was Natalie's favorite. Art like this is very popular now she told me. I like it a lot. the detail is amazing and it really gives the eye so much to enjoy.
This is a sneak peak into next week. I'll show you what I did just before I left on vacation. This is pretty darn frightening, don't you think! Stay tuned. This is my last post for the week. I hope I can get back to business quickly when I get home. I've gotta have patterns out by Sept 1.

Meanwhile I'm still having fun. Hope I don't have a sunburn.

-nanette
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

9 comments

Nedra said...

I hope you are having a relaxing and fun time with your family. I keep thinking of you and visualizing carefree, blissful days.
Did Alison get a hold of your sewing room? It's always so organized!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Hope you are enjoying yourself. Can't wait to see what you did before you left.

Pat said...

Oh, gosh...when I first looked at that last photo, I was thinking...now which artist would paint THAT??? LOL then I realized it was your stash in a rather....ummmmmm....untidy state!! LOL (Like mine NEVER is like that...hahaHA!)

Threeundertwo said...

A lot of talent there. I really like the "closeup" painting too.

Hope you have a fabulous vacation!

Micki said...

What gorgeous paintings! I enjoyed seeing them all!
Micki

pratima said...

These pictures are beautiful! They must be even more breathtaking up-close. I can't wait to see what you've been upto ;)

jacquie said...

art is so inspiring! enjoy!!

Aunt Spicy said...

How fun to have quilts and art in the same place! And I can not wait to see pictures of the stash!

Kim D. said...

Thanks for the Art show!! I'm just sure you cleaned your stash before you left. That looks like mine a few weeks back. :)