Fabric Friday - Farmdale

19 comments
Whew. It is after 3:00 PM and I haven't posted fabric Friday yet! But here we go. Busy with so many things, including pattern writing. I'm feeling better but I have a LOT to do this weekend so I need to prioritize myself and energies.

I might have to do something I've never done. I might have to dump the more than 1000 blog posts from friends in my Google Reader. I just can't get on top of it. So if you have something you really want me to see, please email me because I just might miss it, unfortunately. I don't like to miss anything.


So, have you seen this new Alexander Henry fabric "Farmdale"? It is everywhere but sold out so many places, too. Fabric Worm is having a sale right now. So you might want to check it out there. It is a lovely collection and certainly Alexander Henry always impresses. It has a vintage yet modern feel, which I love with a hint of Japanese. I got a few 1/2 yard cuts of some favorite pieces but I probably will pick up a fat quarter or two more of some of the other prints. I love the colors and designs of each piece.
This isn't my favorite in the bunch but I love the color. It has a definite Japanese feel to it.
I do love these apples. I like the 60s/70s retro feel to the print and I love apple fabrics. It makes me want to remake this quilt from this book. I have that quilt hanging in my family room. I loved making it. I even want to do a block exchange for it again!
The leaf pattern pieces are in several colorways. I really like the gold color, too. But the pink is fantastic.
This is my favorite print in the group. I wish it was offered in different scale. I'd love to have this in a big huge scale print. It is just a charming design.
I like this color better than the pink. It is so darling. I want to use it immediately. I want more of it. I want it in big and small scale. I want to have chairs in this print. I want to make 10 quilts using it this moment. Okay. I'm carried away. But I do really like it. A lot.
I'm still working on my studio/sewing room. My shelves are perfect but after all that moving and refolding my room has an inch (well not a full inch but close) of dust everywhere! Who knew folding fabric could create so much fabric dust? So I am trying to get the room completed over the weekend. I hope I make it. I wish you were here to help me!! Next week I can show you my new fabric storage system. Cross your fingers that I like the changes. So far I love the perfect look of my fabric all lined up. I just hope I can keep it that way for a while.

-nanette
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

19 comments

jenny said...

I love this collection too. There is so much good fabric design these days but a lot of it is not good for quilting - too large of prints or too many colors in a print. These seem like the kind of prints that could go in a lot of different quilts. I really like the cream background ones because I am drawn to the idea of making neutral quilts lately.

I guess that's a lot of opinion about just a line of fabric. In shorthand, I like this collection too.

Janet McKinney said...

I love the look of fabric all folded up to - except that it inspires me, and I have a mess again in no time!!!

Thimbleanna said...

Oooh, I can't wait to see your fabric all folded up. Another fun fabric friday -- I love those fabrics with the circles in them.

Dump away on your reader -- and then you can be all caught up!

jabeybaby said...

I haven't seen this collection yet but it looks fabulous! Your shelf looks so pretty and organized, I wish I could keep my sewing room that organized.

Ariane said...

I love this collection! I would love to get some for myself!!! I haven't bought much fabric lately. This would be wonderful!!!!

Sherri said...

I love the farmdale too...can't wait to see your new fabric storage system...I'm still working on my sewing room too...can't wait to see your ideas!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

That is a great new line of fabric.
I can come and help you finish up your studio!

Pat said...

You do find the BEST fabrics! I like the tan one better as you can see the entire design...for some reason, part of it seems to get lost in the pink one, but maybe it's just not showing in a photograph. Enjoy your weekend and I am IMPRESSED by that neat shelf you showed us!!! Want to come and neaten MINE up for me?

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

I agree, this new line of fabric is adorable. I purchased a couple of pieces, then ordered some more when they arrived. I found mine at Pink Chalk Studios. Love your stash, mine is folded like this too and it is so wonderful to have all that delicious colour together. Your lime buckets look great too.

AnnieO said...

Quite adorable prints, all of them! Glad it is firing you up, Nanette :)

Will look forward to a big reveal--and as for blog posts, do what you must to keep your sanity!

Lurline said...

Really cute fabrics, Nanette and 'your studio' will be faulous!
Hugs - urline♥

Nedra said...

I know your new look will be wonderful because the shelves looked pretty awesome before. I'm looking forward to your big reveal.

Unknown said...

my first visit to you blog and I love it!
Beautiful work on exhibit "Alpine Days 2010Show"
and fabulous boot collection on the Crow Creek Ranch. I would so much like to visit and go horse riding there!
Gina

Shari said...

Beautiful fabrics Nanette! and I just love your apple quilt and the story behind it... if you make another I will send you a block!

Your sneak peak of your new and improved sewing space/studio looks good! I'm sure it will help to get the creative juices flowing even more!

Take care now...

Hugs - Shari

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

I love that "farmdale blossom" fabric and it definitely has a hint of Japanese design in it. Reminds me of spring and cherry blossoms when we were stationed in Japan.
I would be happy to help you fold fabric just so I could look at it but I should probably stick to doing it in my own room. I just can't stay on top of keeping it organized and yes......I can't stay on top of my blog reading and I confess.....twice since I started blogging I have just cleared GoggleReader because there was no way I could catch up. When there is sickness or family issues, I just don't have the time to get to the computer and so it builds up. I love blogging and reading but family takes priority. Have a good weekend!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Beautiful, beautiful fabric. I like it all. And I also like what I see so far of your fabric storage system. Mine works really well. Until I decide I want to make something, then I pull it all back out (or at least a lot of it) and then it's all to do again.

amy smart said...

Hey - American Quilting just got a bunch of Farmdale in. (I was trying not to get any drool on the bolts.) I was so excited when I saw your post because it means I'm succeeding in my quest to become you.) lol.

And I have a post you would like: The antique Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt top I found on our trip to Maryland: http://www.diaryofaquilter.com/2010/08/grandmother-of-hexagon-quilts.html

The vintage fabrics are the best part.

pratima said...

The prints in this collection are very unique and pretty. Have fun playing with them, Nanette :)
The stacks on the shelves are delicious! Can't wait to see the new storage ideas :)

Beth at Aunties said...

I bet your room looks fabulous. I know my Natalie is a fabric lover and a it of a cute fabric snub about it:) These are so pretty.
I am so sorry you have been ill. I am finishing my 2nd antibiotic for some lung congestion and sinus infection and it sure can get you down.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me about about the positive sayings. He blog is one that lifts my spirits... My precious Mr B suffers from depression and it is HARD to be a positive person living with someone who is and feels negative so much of the time.ost of the time.
I LOVED your wyoming and family pictures. It is such a pretty place to get away to. Your sisters are so pretty and it looks like they had a great time sewing with their very talented sister!
We just got back today from spending the weekend with 18 of our kids and grandkids at Bear Lake. Family time is the best time.
Remind me who your father in law is. I am trying to remember which one of the Ricks brothers your husband comes from.
We are moving my mom to Salt Lake City this month. She having a really had time giving up her home. BUT, we are so excited to have here here closer to three of her daughters.
Thanks again for stopping by and do get better! ~♥