And last week I showed you the butterflies I was making. Well I decided to depart from Jina's layout/design in a few ways. I hope she doesn't mind. I switched out her flower blocks for Dresden plates and I added these butterflies instead of flags. I wanted to make Dresdens and butterflies anyway so it was fun to incorporate them into this Alpine Group quilt.
Friday I was able to make this school house block from Jina's September block design. But again, I changed it into a house block just by putting kitchen items in the windows.
Jina designed a pumpkin for October and there are 3 of them.
I really had fun appliqueing the leaf while watching a movie on Saturday.
I can't add them to the quilt yet. The school house and pumpkin blocks will be added later under Jina's direction but I'm ready now for November's block. Oh my we are getting close to the end of the year aren't we.
I was able to put all my other blocks into the quilt top. Saturday I was able to add the stars, economy block and butterflies sides along with the Dresdens to the top and bottom of the flimsy.
I have really enjoyed this 2010 block of the month quilt. It has really been so much fun. Thanks Jina for all your work on this quilt.