I was able to sew for a bit Saturday. And so I finished making my butterflies for a new quilt. They really are an enjoyable block to sew.
The whole process of Amy's tutorial is fun. I decided to go with blue and red butterflies for this project with a black background.
I used a vintage looking piece with words and small scissors/thread on the fabric (among other things) for the middle strip. .
I had one "oops", which was easily fixed, but I had already sewed it into my butterflies before I caught it.
Butterflies are sewn into chains of 11 for each row. I'll show you how I'm going to set the rows when my black hounds tooth arrives. Thanks to Jenny, I found some. (Speaking of Jenny, she always inspires me.)