I was able to use Lori's tutorial this weekend to keep up with the row-a-long that Lori is teaching on her blog. You can see the tutorial for the mittens here.
I followed Lori's instructions and made one pair first, which was smart because I made a small error that I was able to easily correct. From there I went on to make all 5 pairs of mittens.
Since my Christmas sewing is at the machine quilter, I am able to squeeze in a bit of fun sewing and I am glad that I am able to keep up with Lori, despite the rush and bustle of Christmas.
I like how the mittens turned out. They cute and will go really well with the rest of the rows. It was fun to sew mittens this weekend because it snowed on and off for most of it. It is the kind of snow I like, since it really isn't sticking to the road.