Vintage Christmas

Monday, December 03, 2012

It's not too late to start a Christmas quilt, right?  I'm so susceptible to quilting peer pressure.  I've been watching so many bloggers make Camille's Vintage Christmas quilt pattern.  I keep thinking, oh!, that looks so fun.  But when I saw Sherri make it, I totally caved.  This is fun sewing at it's best.  The blocks are big and easy and jelly roll friendly.  It really is such a fun quilt.
I used Cosmo Cricket's Dear Mr. Claus for most of the blocks with a little bit of stash thrown in.  My white fabric is Pam's wreath print white on white from her first line.  I love the wreaths.
My blocks are sew cute.  I only spent a few hours over the weekend and I got 6 blocks (half the pattern) completed.
I threw in a bit of Riley Blake Alpine Wonderland for one of the blocks above.  I have a few fat quarters of that line.  It makes me want to make 2 of these quilts.  I'm thinking this would be a fantastic project for my sisters and nieces to make in 2013.  It is a great beginner project and fun for all quilting levels. (Just a tip:  If you have a friend you can split a jelly roll with just a few adjustments, add white fabric and a border fabric for this quilt.)

-nanette

You Might Also Like

19 comments

Popular Posts