I'm Up to Date

9 comments
I'm been pretty proud of myself for keeping up with Lori's Row by Row quilt.  I was able to get the latest row of spools done in just a couple hours over the weekend.
The spools were very simple and are a perfect addition to the other rows.  I used a brown gray solid for the spool.
I looked through my fabric stash to pick fabrics that might imitate thread.  It was fun to add some new fabric choices to my rows.  I think they all turned out pretty cute.
I made 10 houses from Lori's last block but after talking to her about the finished quilt being 70"x 90", I knew I really couldn't throw an extra row of houses into the equation   So I picked my favorite 5 houses and stitched the sashing and bottom/top borders.  So with the spools, I'm completely up to date.  Check.
It was hard to choose which houses to use in the quilt but I'll figure out what to do with the other houses and somehow add them to the project.
After seeing everyone's houses on blogs everywhere I know for sure this is my favorite row.  
I met Lori for lunch Friday.   Even though it is her birthday she brought me a valentine gift.  It is a sweet reproduction red topped square jam keeper.  I love it.  Lori packed it with Godiva chocolates.  Yum.  Thanks Lori.
Lori's birthday is the 16th.  Be sure to wish her a happy birthday this week.  She came ready to show me what her next projects are and I'm very excited for her.  Just when I think she's come up with her best work, she tops herself with more exciting fabric and patterns.  Lori has a fun spring ahead for us.

-nanette
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

9 comments

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

That is going to be a really pretty quilt. I like all your fabric choices, and how nice to be friends with the author!

Jeanne said...

I'd be proud, too! Can't wait to see the finished quilt.

pratima said...

It's awesome that you finished another cute row! Adorable houses and spools. Each row is beaming with so much character and cuteness :)
Happy Birthday to Lori!

michelle said...

I knew you would have your spool row done. I had to watch Scott's kids last weekend and I have Jared's this weekend. I am going to Polly's tomorrow to do genealogy so maybe I can do my row Wed. I don't want to get behind again.

Nedra said...

Your spools turned out great! I always love the fabrics you choose. And look at Lori's new hair style! I feel like I miss seeing so much now that I'm in Arizona.

Thimbleanna said...

Those houses are definitely my favorite blocks too -- and yours are so cute. The extra row might be cute across the back?

Lori Holt said...

Awww...Nanette:)
Thanks again for the birthday wishes and I LOVE my gifties so much!
I already used the sprinkles this week end on some yummy sugar cookies...you are the sweetest!!!
The picture that I took of you wearing the flower pin I made turned out really fuzzy...darn.
Next time wear it and I'll snap another one!!!

It makes me smile so much everytime I see your rows...love the spools!
I agree with Anna...the houses would be so cute along the back of the quilt...along with another block..hehe:)

PamKittyMorning said...

I'm excited to see everyone's quilts! I need to finish my stars and get on those spools. I am not good at keeping up.

Lori is very clever. She's got good self discipline.. wish I could borrow a cup of that!

Retrogirl said...

spools are super cute and I'm LOVING the houses!!