Another Baby Quilt

27 comments
I'm always trying to stay ahead of the baby quilt game. It's so helpful to have a quilt on hand.  Unfortunately most of my scrap baby quilts are girly.  Like this one.
I enjoy making this simple design into a baby quilt.  It is just an easy way to make a patchwork triangle quilt by cutting extra bits of fabric into  triangle shapes as I go and then keeping them aside to put together at a later point.
I think all my fabrics work together because the light fabric is a beautiful romantic rose print by Pam.  It is Pam Kitty Love Bouquets in White.   It goes with all my favorite colors and fabrics.  I think it is so pretty in this baby quilt. I've reordered this print 2 times and since I've used it all up in this quilt I may have to go for a 3rd order.
I like using this elongated Dear Jane Triangle template.  It adds a bit of drama to a very simple design.  I cut my blocks 6".
Of course I'm fond of all the different prints.  Some of the fabrics go back to my London quilt and some are from the Barn quilt I recently finished.
I usually quilt this size top myself but since I've got 3 other quilts ready to take to the quilter, I may just send this one out to be quilted as well.

-nanette




Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

27 comments

Kindred Quilts said...

This is so cute! What size do you make most of your baby quilts?

trish said...

So so pretty!! That Pam Kitty fabric makes me swoon. :0)

Thimbleanna said...

Oh so cute Nanette! I love that you've used the PKM print in all the light colored triangles -- SO sweet!

Tressa said...

I love your triangle quilt--so pretty and fun and scrappy.

Sherri said...

LOVe the quilt top...and now I have another ruler to add to my list...sigh!

Karee said...

Darling! I have some extra navy, khaki, and red and may do this triangle piecing for grandsons' valances.

busyascanbe said...

So Sweet! And thanks for sharing about the ruler!

busyascanbe said...

So Sweet! And thanks for sharing about the ruler!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

I love how you put your fabrics together, Nanette. This is a very pretty quilt - perfect for a little girl!

Barb said...

Such a beautiful quilt, Nanette. I love how you used the same background fabric with all of those prints.

Lynn said...

I love that fabric as a background. Really what a sweet quilt. I bet long after the baby outgrows it, it will be a treasured keepsake.

Lori Holt said...

Love this Nanette....Pam's fabric is the perfect background for this sweet quilt!

jan said...

Very adorable! But of course everything you do is cute! I am thinking I will have to get me one of those rulers too!

Corrie said...

Darling! That's awesome that you're ahead of the game. Very pretty & perfect for a new baby.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Your baby quilt is so cute with all the different prints Nanette!

lej619 said...

Love it!! How will you have it quilted?.

dream quilt create said...

What a pretty quilt! I need to haves couple of baby quilts made ahead of time too :)

Pinkadot Quilts said...

It is so soft and pretty. I love that elongated triangle!

Cherilyn said...

I love the long skinny triangles! Your fabric choices are always so pretty and fun!

em's scrapbag said...

This is wonderful. So cheerful and bright. Perfect baby quilt.

Lisa said...

I just love your baby quilt! I think I need one of those rulers myself!

pratima said...

This elongated version of triangles is so much chirpier and cute like a rosy bird beak! I wonder who is this lucky baby who is going to be wrapped in this gorgeousness!

PamKittyMorning said...

Oh my so cute! Love all the fabric choices, you have such a great way with colors and prints. xo

•stephanie• said...

so darling and that background print is perfectamundo!
(i don't think perfectamundo is a real word, but it fits!)

Liv said...

Lovely Nanette, I use that ruler quite a lot as well for making bunting!
Liv xxx

Whichcrafts said...

I now have a well lit space in the basement to do my quilting. It sure beats packing everything up so we can use the dining room table!

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Oh I just love this!