Another Baby Quilt

Monday, April 22, 2013

I'm always trying to stay ahead of the baby quilt game. It's so helpful to have a quilt on hand.  Unfortunately most of my scrap baby quilts are girly.  Like this one.

I enjoy making this simple design into a baby quilt.  It is just an easy way to make a patchwork triangle quilt by cutting extra bits of fabric into  triangle shapes as I go and then keeping them aside to put together at a later point.
I think all my fabrics work together because the light fabric is a beautiful romantic rose print by Pam.  It is Pam Kitty Love Bouquets in White.   It goes with all my favorite colors and fabrics.  I think it is so pretty in this baby quilt. I've reordered this print 2 times and since I've used it all up in this quilt I may have to go for a 3rd order.
I like using this elongated Dear Jane Triangle template.  It adds a bit of drama to a very simple design.  I cut my blocks 6".
Of course I'm fond of all the different prints.  Some of the fabrics go back to my London quilt and some are from the Barn quilt I recently finished.
I usually quilt this size top myself but since I've got 3 other quilts ready to take to the quilter, I may just send this one out to be quilted as well.

-nanette




You Might Also Like

29 comments

Popular Posts