Barns Sewn TogetherMonday, April 15, 2013
I've sneaked ahead on my Barns project. See how Lori is instructing the latest progress here. When I started this project I had a vision of how I wanted to put my barns together. When I saw Lori's tutorial I decided to incorporate what I tentatively planned with what she suggested.
I scrappy sashed my barns since I had 12 already completed and was ready for this step. But I wanted to enhance the look of hex signs in the barns so I changed the sashing up a little with the red diamonds created in the middle section of the quilt. It just seemed more "hexy".
I like how it came together and I have the finished flimsy sketched in my head with just 2 more steps.
I hope Lori doesn't mind me working ahead and changing things up some.