After making my vest - I wanted to make something that would be wearable for the summer. So, I got some cotton/silk blend & decided to make a pattern that has been a favorite of my - and is currently the #1 pattern on Ravelry, the Rusted Root pattern from Zephyr.
I went with a heavier weight yarn (worsted), and a smaller size - which worked out well. I'm pleased with the puffiness of the sleeves, and the thickness of the patterns -- this is one of many patterns that was designed for an extra-small, so, by going to a heavier yarn size, I think it helped to make the sweater look more custom-made to my size.
You can see Laurie in the picture, sneaking in - somehow she managed to get into most of the pictures that were taken, oh well.- Shelbie