Help from my Friends

26 comments
Tuesday evening at 'That Alpine Group' quilt night, Kim and I were talking about the "blessings" of blogging and how we've "met" so many fabulous women that we would never have the chance to know otherwise. I am constantly impressed by the caliber of talent and character that I associate with via blogging. I'm so grateful for all of you. Thank you for inspiring me on a daily basis and being such a great support system for me. Bonnie from Calmity Jane's Cottage is one of my newer blog friends. If you've never been to Bonnie's blog you need to check her out. And not just because she sent me a sweet goodie package this week either. Bonnie's blog is a cross between, sewing, quilting, crafting, vintage treasures and just plain good stuff. Anyway, Bonnie sent me a suprise this week and it was such a pick-me-up and dare I say "warm fuzzy". Wow. I haven't said that catch phrase since the 80's I think. Forgive me. Bonnie sent me the most fabulous waffle cotton fabric so I can make more dishcloths. The blue is a paisley print and it is thick and luscious. The red is . . . well RED! And also thick and lovely. I'm really excited to make more dish cloths. Thank you so much Bonnie. I actually didn't know waffle cloth came in anything other than white! I'm going to wash it this weekend and get to making more of the cute dishcloths.
I swiped this picture off Sherri's blog. Sherri made the cutest bag using my pattern and Wonderland by Moda. This is just one example how my friends inspire me. So cute Sherri!I absolutely love it and can't wait to make my own bag using the Moda charm pack. I'm all ready to go. I just need to make the clock stop for 2 hours.
Lori Holt's friend Linda made this bag with my 'Mixed Bag' pattern. It is always so exciting to see something made from my patterns. I love seeing everyones creations. This turned out so cute Linda. Thanks for sending me the pictures, Lori. I love the fabrics colors.Isn't the lining great. I used to have some of that fabric. It is such a cute kitchen print. Here is a finished flimsy I am getting machine quilted. It's a pink and green quilt I started last week and it's from my quilt pattern that was published in Fons and Porter last year. I'll show better pics after it is quilted and bound. It is so hard for me to work with just 3 fabrics in the body of a quilt and so I let myself go a little crazy with the border. We'll see how it quilts up. I'm not quite sure at this point.

-nanette
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

26 comments

Busy Little Quilter said...

I feel blessed to have met you in "blogland", too!

I love what Sherri did with your pattern. Those fabrics are great.

When I was in Paducah this past weekend I saw the waffle fabric and thought of you. That was so sweet of Bonnie to send you some.

Unknown said...

Cute stuff! I love your bag in Wonderland fabrics :)

Susan said...

I am loving the Wonderland fabric and charm packs are my way to satisfy my hunger. Love all the bags. And that was so sweet of Bonnie. Both of those colors of the waffle cloth are just popping--can't wait to see what you put with them.

CJ said...

LOVE those waffle fabrics! THE COLORS! The PAISLEY! Can you tell where she got it??? Is there a chance any of us out here in Blogland might be able to find some of those treasures??
I saw that MoMo Wonderland bag made with your pattern and went OHHHHHHHH. It is so cute!

Anonymous said...

All of my new blog friends are such a blessing. What wonderful waffle cloth from Bonnie! I'm on the lookout for some to make dishcloths. And I need to hurry up and buy your bag pattern. Every time I see one of the gorgeous bags made from your pattern I faint. They're soooo cute! Cute flimsy too. xo

Dionne said...

So very true! So many wonderful people in blogland, it's really enriching to our quilting community!
I love your bag and the fabrics in your quilt top are wonderful! I hope you post a picture when you are done quilting it!
Cheers,
Dionne

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

I also like bonnie's blog! Love the waffle cloth, I just got some in white and I am going to try to make some washcloths too. "blog" friends are wonderful!!! Have fun making your bag!

rachel griffith said...

i totally agree.
i don't know how i did it before without the help, inspiration, friendship, & encouragement from all my bloggy pals.
makes my ♥ happy to have you all.

and i seriously need to make your bag. everytime i see one that someone had made i swoon over it.
lol.

Anonymous said...

V. here...
Beautiful waffle Fab!!!I really love all the examples of the bag. Sherri's blog is great. Where do you find the wonderland charms? I haven't seen them in the quilt shops here in Albuquerque. I can't wait to see the quilt quilted!!V.

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Nanette, I'm so glad you liked the waffle cloth, I do have some left and just need to put it online. Your blog is such an inspiration to us, thank you.
Sherri's little charm pack on your bag pattern is a hit.
Keep Stitchen'
Bonnie

Unknown said...

So true, blogging has opened up many doors for me. I have really been inspired by many of my blogging friends, including you, Nanette. It is a wonderful way to connect with people. I just love what Bonnie sent you, how sweet! I had seen Sherri's version of your bag and love it. But then again what is not to love about your pattern.

Dawn said...

That was so sweet of Bonnie!! I love this world of blogging more and more!! I just made me a new bag!! Wait till you see it!! I love your pattern(s)!

Betsy said...

did you friend share her source for the waffle weave?
I too only thought it came it off white and you know that it shrinks horribly in the dryer.
The one she sent looks of a better quality.
I have seen your bags on these blogs and they all look so cute.
I love the border on the quilt that is going to be quilted. Can't wait to see the whole thing.

em's scrapbag said...

Love the bags! I have enjoyed all that I have learned from you. Feel very blessed to have met you.

Lily Boot said...

I so know what you mean about the friends we make across the networks. And after I've let things overwhelm me and I've slid off the blog roundabout - and then hopped back on - I realise what a wonderful treasure of friendship and inspiration it is. Your bag pattern is darling and that Wonderland - AAAA! I must get me some.

Browndirtcottage said...

The bags are cute.....and your 'flimsy'...I can't wait to see the whole thing!!

Gari in AL said...

I love Sherrie's adaptation of your bag. I am just going to have to try bag making. I carry the same purse (small) all the time so it would really be a change for me.

Mimi Sue said...

Everything is gorgeous, as usual. The yo yo quilt in the last post is so fun. It certainly is fun to get to know people and see how creative they are. Mimi

Red Geranium Cottage said...

How nice of Bonnie to send that fabric to you. She's a nice gal for sure.
Love your bag pattern. I'm gonna have to order that. I love it!!!

Camille said...

Gosh I love that bag of yours. I was (am) dying to making it for Market out of the new fabric. DARN IT. If only there were more hours in the day. After market, it will have to be. Love it!

Thanks for the daily inspiration. I don't thank you nearly as often as I should!

Mel said...

Blogger friends are inspirational - I agree!!

I love the paisley waffle fabric! Who knew??

Niesz Vintage Home said...

Your pattern makes the cutest bags! Love the one in the Wonderland fabrics.
And that sweet quilt! The strawberry fabric in there is fabulous! Love the combo of new and vintage.

Kimberly :)

Hillary said...

How fun to see your patterns in action! I love the waffle fabric too! Your dishcloths are so cute! I don't have any waffle fabric but I will be making some with some leftover terrycloth from my mother-in-law! I'm excited too!

Lori Holt said...

Hi Nanette-
I know what you mean about finding wonderful women through blogging. I am new to blogs and I consider you a great find along with so many others.
I'll be sure to tell Linda that you posted her bag. It's such a cute pattern, I'm really going to try and get mine made soon.
I'll send you a pic when it actually happens:)
Lori

Sherri said...

Hi Nanette...I love blogging too! And I got so many comments on my bag (your pattern) at Women's Conference! I was in a hurry to get to a class when a girl stopped me and asked where she could get the pattern...I told her Freda's Hive!!! I gave her your whole blog address (memorized since I link to you so often)!

Carrie P. said...

How nice of Bonnie. Pretty waffle fabrics. I have only been able to find beige around here.