Quilt Night March 2009

25 comments
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

25 comments

Val said...

Gorgeous Quilts. Gorgeous bags, Gorgeous apron! Wow! Leaders and enders? I have a lot to learn. Thanks for sharing.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

What a show!!!! Thank you!!!!

Unknown said...

Love all the quilts, very inspirational! Thanks for sharing.

Millie said...

Nanette, thank you for the great slideshow. Great quilts and quilting. I will be back watching the slideshow again. Thank you so much for sharing!

Sherri said...

Great photos!

Beth at Aunties said...

They are beautiful. What a fun group...! Thanks you for sharing.

Nedra said...

Thanks Nanette for the Show and Tell from last night. They are all wonderful!
Judi called me after your meeting and said she went to your house to pick up the magazine you were published in. I have that magazine too, and it has inspired me to set the goal of making baby quilts this year.

Kaaren said...

Funny you should mention "leaders and enders" Nanette because we were talking about the same thing at our stitchinig group yesterday afternoon. The learning never stops, does it? But I guess that's all a part of what makes each journey interesting.

Such beautiful quilts. And what some gals are doing with the quilt backs makes them almost as beautiful as the tops.

Thanks for sharing. Very inspirational.

Eileen said...

Wow. Hard to believe all this beautiness is made from the leaders and enders! Some of them are fairly substantial bits and pieces.
Lovely slideshow Nanette.. thanks!

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous!! I am so glad you share the beauties from the Alpine Quilters with your blogging friends. I love all the scrappy ones. They are usually my favorites. I couldn't pick a favorite among these. Way too many were my favorite. LOL!!!!

*karendianne. said...

Oh my goodness! How inspiring.

Browndirtcottage said...

Great quilt show!!......yes, leaders and enders are how all my little stars and my recent churndashes get made. I also have a stack of 4 patches that will go into another quilt. That is the nice thing about leaders and enders...you can already have a good start of another quilt while you are sewing up another...besides, you save on thread because you always have some fabric under your needle...it also helps your fabric not get 'chewed' up at times down in your throat plate. I learned about leaders and enders on Bonnie Hunters website Quiltville.com nearly 2 years ago and have loved it every since. It is something you just have to get into the habit of doing and NOT throwing away those scraps!!

Glenna @ Hollyhock Quilts said...

Wow!! What a talanted group! Wonderful quilts!

I have news for you. We have not left yet for St. George since Bill has an upper respiratory thing going on, so we may actually be there when you are! I'll let you know when we leave and what the plans are. Hope it works out!

Dawn said...

Fantastic quilts!! Thanks for sharing.

Sharleen said...

Your slide show is great. I'll have to learn how to do that! I love how Bonnie has made quilts from scraps. I'm inspired to see if I can do that to!

Unknown said...

Nanette, when I started looking, I thought "oh I love that one" and it went on and on with "Oh I love that one too" they are all so different and lovely.
Thanks for the show!

Momoo said...

Your quilt group is sooooo impressive, so many quilts each time you meet. Neat ideas for leaders and enders. Looks like Jenny is right in step with your group in her binding.

Jenny said...

What a bunch of beautiful quilts! I love the RS Cabinets too! I miss a group.

Julie said...

Amazing--love them all. I think I need to learn how to do that. Have a great day. Julie

pratima said...

oh, Nanette... these quilts are stunning! Thank you so much for creating the slide show :D

Carrie P. said...

Wow, what an inspirational show and tell. You have some very talented ladies in your group.

Karen from Sew Many Ways... said...

Thank you so much for such beautiful photos...gets my creativity going that's for sure!!
~Karen~

Robin said...

Holy cow! Once again, thank you so much for sharing. So much to see, and so much wonderful inspiration. :)

Anonymous said...

Each was impressive by itself...So much to savor!!!!

Connie said...

Nanette - I'm so far behind in reading blogs but I wanted to tell you this is just great. It is so fun to see all the different quilts - each with their own style. Thanks and I look forward to seeing more.