Good Friday Good Fabric

25 comments
Happy Good Friday. There are 2 really GOOD people and their blogs I want you to visit today. So before I talk fabric I wanted to tell you just how GOOD they are.
First is my friend Leslie's daughter Calli. Calli lives just across town from me and is a darling girl. I swiped this picture above off her blog to show you just one of her cute projects. You'll want to visit and bookmark her blog - "Make it Do". One thing our mothers taught us was: "Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without!" That is so incredibly true for today and for our families young and old. Calli has some fun ways to "Make it Do" and has created an amazing blog about food, fabric, quilts, family and fun. It is a wonderful blog for moms and daughters alike. Go see Calli and tell her hi from me. I've been enjoying her posts and I'm so incredibly impressed.

The 2nd good person is Mel. I first "met" Mel when she joined our Christmas Cottage Exchange. She lives west of me about an hour or so. Many of you already visit her blog. But I wanted to say how incredibly impressed I am with her commitment to autism. She's has spent so much time fund raising and raising awareness and she's done it so well. Her blog is "Mel's Own Place" and if you don't already visit her, take a moment to see her incredible talents.
Mel is always doing something for others. I won this fabric at her giveaway last week. It is from a quilt shop in her area. It is perfect for my "Turning 20 - That Alpine Group" quilt. Thanks Mel!.

The next several days I'm going to be incredibly busy with lots of things - Easter, finishing projects, getting ready for the Utah Valley Quilt Guild meeting (where I'll have a booth as a local artist) and getting ready to take a little trip to southern Utah to be with my sisters and also to visit with Nedra, Sherri and Dawn. So I'll have a lot to show you when I get back.

On to Good Fabric and what is on my cutting board on this Good Friday. I'm cutting for projects. So I'll just show you what I have out.
Stripes!
Teapots! Apples!
Buttons!
Birds!
Bees!
Charm squares from Glenna - and she is very good, too!
And last this is waffle cotton. It is thick and rich and white. I looked long and hard for this because I have a specific use for it. I'll show you after I get done making it.

Have a peaceful Easter weekend everyone. I hope you spend it with family and remembering the Savior.


-nanette
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

25 comments

Betsy said...

Happy Easter to you too Nanette and family.

Kritta22 said...

Oh I'm excited to see what you make with that waffled cotton!

I love that motto, make it do!

And I whole heartedly agree with you on Mel! She is a superstar!!

Jane sent me a charm pack of the Tea Cup fabric....are you jealous?? I'm just kidding....sometimes I take it out and just pet it.

Fabric needs to be petted when it beautiful.

I'm just saying!

Have a wonderful Easter! What a great weekend!

jacquie said...

have a wonderful easter and a safe trip. so, do you have a whole room to store all this fabric?

Sherri said...

I have some of that waffled cotton...but I've never really decided what to do with it! And I love all of your fabrics...as usual...it will be fun to get together next week with Nedra and Dawn too!

Susan said...

Oh to see where you take us with the waffled cotton.
Have a Blessed Easter!

Julia said...

I love that motto, make it do!
How true that we need to do that more these days...
love the button fabric..
have a wonderful Easter..
Julia ♥

Unknown said...

Happy Easter wonderful friend and enjoy your holiday!!!

Thimbleanna said...

Holy Cow Nanette -- you better slow down! I hope you and your family have a wonderful Easter!!!

Lurline said...

Love the fabrics - looking forward to your waffle cloth creation!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Your were right about Calli's blog, I just love the table -tunner, and of course sweet mel and ever so sweet liilt Brock.
I love the button fabric and I am going to say this, I am so jealous that I cannot be with you girls! I know you will have a wonderful time and I hope lots of pictures to share. Have a Happy and Blessed Easter.

Millie said...

Happy Easter to you and your family! I love your Easter display and the pastel table runner with ric rac.

Mel said...

Thanks so much for mentioning me on your post today Nanette!!

As I've said before you are a great blog/quilting mentor and I'm so glad to 'know' you! Perhaps I'll come down to the UT Valley Quilt Guild show, I've been before and it's a fun time!

Have fun in St.George, you could be anywhere with that group of gals and have a wonderful time!!

Happy Easter and spring!!

Karen said...

Hi N, Sounds like you've got a fun time planned down south. Calli's place mat is adorable and soooo Springy. I visit Mel's blog and agree, she is awsome;) Hope you and your family have a great Easter. Look forward to seeing you on Wednesday;)

Khris said...

ohh I love that fabric you have called "buttons"...can you tell the the brand so that I might look for some...hugs Khris in Oz

Kaaren said...

Who needs Easter candy when you tease us with all that eye candy? I'd much rather have the fabric eye candy anyway...ZERO calories!

I can't wait to see what you're cooking up with those beauties, Nanette.

Happy Easter to you and yours.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link to "Make it Do" - I loved her runner and her blog, too...and thanks too for the reminder of making it do and wearing it out...I must make that my mantra...right after I get back from the fabric shop...surely that cannot apply to fabric! Have a wonderful Easter weekend yourself! xo, The Other Nanette

Browndirtcottage said...

Everyone you linked are 'good girls'!! Happy Easter to you and yours too!!

Abby and Stephanie said...

I definitely recognize that teapot fabric after making 34 teahouses. LOVE the button fabric. Happy Easter!

Carrie P. said...

Have a Blessed Easter.

Val said...

Have a very Blessed Easter. You always bless all of us. Waffle cotton? I love it. I will visit the blogs you suggested.

*karendianne. said...

Happy Easter to you adn yours.

What neat fabrics!

Dawn said...

Happy Easter to you too!! I need to hurry up and get my Easter post posted!! I'm soooo behind!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Happy Easter!!!!!!!!!

Simone de Klerk said...

Such gorgeous fabrics! I especially love the 'teapot' and 'buttons' one (O:

Karen said...

omg! Love the button fabric....can I ask who it is that makes it?