Family Visit

19 comments
Last weekend my daughter Chelsey, my sister Polly, my niece Tana and my grandnephew Maxx came to stay for a couple days. We really had a nice time together. It is great to have family come stay.
Chelsey's birthday is this week and we celebrated it when she was home. Here she is with Allison looking at her birthday cake.
Polly and I did some sewing together while she visited. Here she is holding up her finished flimsy of the Picnic Quilt. She had it all completed except the outer border. Polly is planning on hand quilting her quilt. I am so impressed with that kind of determination.
We completed this huge (king size+) quilt top that Polly has been working on for almost a year. She hand appliqued the circles.
So while she was here we laid out the circles, sewed them together into rows, joined the rows, and stitched on the border. The quilt is so large that I can't really show it in completion. I was excited to help her get this flimsy ready for quilting. It is going to be so pretty on her bed.

-nanette
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

19 comments

Lucy | Charm About You said...

How lovely to have family staying :)
The quilts are gorgeous - I love the scrappy picnic quilt and the pattern is great!
The appliqued circles are incredible - that is determination!!

Mary said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun. Love the quilts.

em's scrapbag said...

Love these scrappy quilts! Happy Birthday to Chelsey!

AnnieO said...

It's good to have family around! Especially when you celebrate birthdays and quilting and grandchildren all in one go :)

Love the quilts!

Nedra said...

How wonderful to be able to combine family and quilting. Doesn't it make you happy to see Polly making your designs? Tell her I say hello.

Thimbleanna said...

Looks like you girls had some fun this weekend. I love every version I see of that picnic quilt!

Simone de Klerk said...

It looks like you had a great time! Family is so good to be with (o:
How quiet it will be now.

Farm Gate Creations Incorporating Hummingbird Quilting said...

Nothing beats family get togethers...Those quilts look fantastic.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Fun family time - sweet quilts, too.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Those are both very pretty quilts! Well done to you both.

Julia said...

Love to have family over...even better when you can quilt together..
Great picnic quilt, and what amazing work on the circles.
Julia ♥

Sherry said...

How wonderful to have family visit, celebrate a b'day & quilt together! Love the picnic quilt & those circles, oh my! Nice post.

Richard Healey said...

I love the dots quilt that is cool.

http://richardquilts.blogspot.com

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter! Looks like you all had a great time. I love the look of hand quilting--it's also relaxing, but it does take a lot of patience. I have one on the frame right now but haven't quilted on it in a several months.. it's about half done, but the hand quilting bug comes in waves. Hopefully it'll come back soon! ;) And I LOVE the circles! xo

Shari said...

What a wonderful time! Lovely tops - way to go Polly!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Looks like lots of fun, yummy cake, and pretty quilts! I especially like the circles.

Carrie P. said...

Family time. Isn't it great!
Love that circle quilt. Great way to use scraps too.

Lynn said...

Like the picture of Allison looking at the cake, it's so tempting looking sitting there in all it's chocolate glory.
How fun, sewing with family.

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

What a lovely family post! Your sister sure has got a couple lovely quilts! I really like the one with the red and white checked border. Funny thing.......I have some of that in my stash and it's for bordering a vintage quilt and that circle quilt she made? I've been thinking of doing something like that with my favorite fabrics. Very fun! I really do like that picnic quilt, though.