Fun Project from Lori

31 comments
Right before Christmas Lori Holt and I had lunch at our favorite spot, Food For Thought, in Draper, Utah. It was a crazy day and Lori was gracious enough to reschedule the time after I no-showed her (like I said, crazy day).
Lori ALWAYS gives the best gifts. She gave me this darling project bag and her pattern for the crochet edged pillowcase. The fabric used is from her Daisy Cottage line and the pattern is one of her very latest.
Inside the project bag was this great kit with everything to make a pillowcase along with the prettiest scissors and some of my favorite candy. I have really been wanting to make this pillowcase since Christmas and I finally set aside some time Saturday afternoon for this.
The pillowcase part came together perfectly. Lori thought of everything in her pattern and instructions. Sewing the cotton lace trim onto the end of the pillowcase opening makes the most clever way to crochet the edge onto the pillowcase.
I had a meeting Saturday night and I put the pillowcase and everything into Lori's project bag and took it all along to crochet while I sat listening.I was finished crocheting before the meeting even finished. It was a perfect project for a winter day.
The pillowcase is a 1 yard wonder. It is so cute I just can't wait to make more. Thanks so much Lori. You are just the smartest. This was the best gift.

-nanette
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

31 comments

Nedra said...

It just makes me smile to know you two still make time to get together when you both have such busy schedules. I have happy memories of our lunch's at Food For Thought. I need to get Lori's new pattern!

Darlene said...

What a sweet gift from Lori. Love the bag!

Jodi Nelson said...

What a great thing to do on a Saturday night meeting! Some pillow cases are on my To Do list this year. Including the one from Lori! I LOVE them... ooxx`jodi

Carrie P. said...

Oh, so pretty and what a great idea to add the lace and then crochet onto it. I need to learn how to do that crochet stitch.

~Niki~ said...

oh i love that idea of sewing the lace then crocheting. i've tried it other ways with the baby receiving blankets, having to punch holes all the way around and by the time you're done your hands hurt! ;)

amy smart said...

Oh, that is just so darn cute! I really must learn to crochet one day.

em's scrapbag said...

Very cute indeed! Love the yellow and pink fabric!

PamKittyMorning said...

Lori is pretty clever. I wish I lived nearer to you guys.

Lori Holt said...

You finished it!!!!...yay!!!
It looks fabulous:)
Are you ready for another one?

Lori Holt said...

You finished it!!!!...yay!!!
It looks fabulous:)
Are you ready for another one?

Thimbleanna said...

Very very cute Ms. Hive! You're a smart girl to have a project on the go - great way to get things done!

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

That is the sweetest pillowcase ever. So cute, and what a genius way to crochet the edge with the trim! I just love her fabric line and lamp shade pattern. That is on my wish list for sure! What a great gift you received. :)

Lynn said...

Such a pretty pillowcase, love the pink crocheted edge.

trish said...

Oh too cute! :o)
And so clever to take it out with you.

Corrie said...

Super cute. That is a wonderful gift!

Cheryl said...

What an amazing gift...you did a great job! So pretty.

AnnieO said...

Darling! What a wonderful gift indeed.

Jan Marie said...

cute gift. Where is food for thought. What a great name.

Sherry said...

Lori is such a whiz at cute stuff! Love the pillowcase. Great job Nanette!

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

Lovely pillowcase! I'd have to learn to crochet to make this happen. I do have some of this lovely line of fabrics, though. Ordered it up from Hen and Chicks, Heidi Kaisand's new shop. Loved it when I saw her post it on FB but didn't realize it was Lori's line until the package arrived. I chose the pink fabrics and am saving them for a treat for me for later this spring. :-)

Gigi's Thimble said...

What a good friend. You guys inspire me! The pillow case is darling. Love the crocheted edge and the fabric is beautiful!

Shari said...

This is so lovely - and what a great idea with the lace. You and Lori are very clever!

Gayle said...

I love the crocheted edge! Thank you for sharing a great idea. :-)

Raina's Home said...

Such a great gift to receive... So sweet and feminine! Thanks for the pretty posting.

Unknown said...

I wish I'd been there to hear and see the creative juices running over! Lucky for both of you to be close. Lovely photos of the projects.

strawberrycream39 said...

Wow! Those pillowcases are just beautiful. I wish I knew how to crochet! I love the bag that Lori made for you...you are two talented ladies!! xo Jen

Jennifer said...

That is so adorable! My daughter is churning out pillowcases left and right... this would be a fun thing to teach her!

Jennifer :)

Jenny Lynn said...

I really like how the crocheting adds the perfect touch. My girls would love this.

Retrogirl said...

What a beautiful pillow case, Nanette!! LOVE your crochet addition!!

keauxou said...

this content click for source find out here have a peek at this website Full Article go to this web-site

pita said...

high replica bags n08 i8b91y8q85 Ysl replica handbags o26 o1g18o4j22 high replica bags t29 k9q77q8s50