I Love Fat Quarters - Fabric Friday

16 comments
I have, what could be, a dangerous past time. I like to window shop at Fat Quarter Shop. I discovered Kimberly's store years ago when I was trying to find fat quarters online. At that time most online fabric stores wouldn't sell less than 1/2 yard. So I was very happy to find that I could shop online for those little cuts of fabric I like so much. Of course I also like to obtain fat quarters from local shops as well. It is hard to walk into a fabric store and not come out with 1 or 2 fats.
I have been waiting and waiting for FQS to get in Lecien's latest line, the Flower Sugar Fall 2011. Of course there are several colorways and I thought I would show one of them. I want every single piece of this line and fat quarters are the only way I can do that.
I'm really into the gray right now. And I'm always always into roses. I am loving the return of this neutral shade of gray above. I'm seeing gray in so many new lines. The gray flower is my favorite in the line. I photoed it with the green stripe above. I always like stripes in a line and what is better than a stripe? A stripe with roses inside, of course.
Yellow is always a favorite of mine in a quilt. These 2 yellows with roses are so pretty and would go with most any of my stash fabrics.
The top quilt on my bed is my mosaic quilt with lots of different fabrics squares sashed with white. As I was making my bed today the dot fabrics in the quilt caught my eye and I was thinking how much I love bigger dots on fabric. Again, what is better than a nice sized dot? A dot paired with roses!
I do also like these circles of roses. Last night I dreamed about blue fabric (I really did). And of course I got up this morning wanted to make something with blue in it (I just finished binding my PKM Row quilt with lots of blue). This blue in the middle fabric is a stunning shade and so unusual paired with the shade of green.

I am going to work on my pattern for the Row-By-Row quilt this weekend. I hope I get a lot done. I'm running behind schedule. Wishing us all a nice weekend.

-nanette
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

16 comments

Lucy | Charm About You said...

I also think that line is gorgeous! Love the roses and dots :) Have a great and productive weekend!

Cheryl said...

I have been waiting too....I love to window shop, put things in my cart and then not order :-)!!! Well sometimes I am weak and do order!!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Lots of pretty eye candy there, Nanette. And you are right, there is just so much you can do with fat quarters, and I like a lot of variety in a quilt, too.

Kim with a K said...

These fabrics are beautiful!
Have fun sewing your Row-By-Row...still eagerly waiting to see this cutie finished!

Lynn said...

Love the fabric (as always). Two of our lqs's closed last year and the one that is still open REFUSES to cut fat quarters, what fun is that :(

Brandie said...

Oh, I have to agree with you about those dots and roses. I may have to buy some of that fabric.

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

Those are beautiful fabrics for sure. :) I share your weakness for FQ's. It's like picking up a little piece of candy or something.

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

Some of that line arrived for me yesterday and I'm with you, what a stunning range of fabrics. Funny that you dream quilting!!! xo

Unknown said...

It is a very sweet line! I don't think there is a print that I don't like. Happy Sewing to you!

CreationsForEleanor said...

Love them all, I. Have so many ideas for Easter dresses!

Unknown said...

Wonderful pretty fabrics, remind me of spring. Kx

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Thimbleanna said...

Happy Weekend Ms. Hive! Those Flower Sugar fabrics are gorgeous. Like wine, mine are aging on the shelf LOL. I'm very slow to come to the gray party -- I've always preferred the warmer beiges for my neutrals, but the gray sure is pretty!

Carrie P. said...

Love them all. I am into gray fabrics too. The really are a great partner to other fabric colors.

Jan Marie said...

You are so right. I need some of those fats too.

Janet said...

I love looking at your fabrics and I agree with you on the greay. The one with the spots and roses is gorgeous.