A Few Fun Things

23 comments
You know I'm such a Scrooge and I'm so glad Christmas 2011 is over. So on with the challenges of a new year. 2012 has kind of started off rough with broken cars, broken furnace and a stubborn infection for me. But that is life. We wouldn't know happiness if we didn't have problems for comparison.
True to form, Allison played with a box after opening her gifts. Shadow is very interested in her new Grover from Nanny and Pa.

I did want to show a few fun things even this old Scrooge enjoyed.Here is Allison's kitty quilt I made for her. Pam's panel is perfect and all I had to do was attach a small outer border around the panel block to make a darling quilt. My quilter did a very open machine quilting design because I put eyelash Minkee on the back. Keeping a vacuum handy is a must for working with this stuff. What a mess! And I put my binding on backwards so the hand stitching was in the front to make stitching easy. Allison hasn't taken it home yet. I hope she enjoys it.
I really love my new phone case. It looks like vintage fabric and it has my name on it. Pretty snazzy.
My friend Laura gave me this book. It is such a perfect gift for me. I enjoyed browsing through it over the holidays and I'm going to put it to use next Christmas season.
My family always comes through for me. I did get several really nice things but the star is this bag that I looked at online at least weekly for the past 6 months. It is so pretty. And of course I love the color. It's an incredibly ritzy gift for this old Scrooge.

-nanette
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

23 comments

em's scrapbag said...

Love that Allison found the empty box a great toy. Her quilt looks so soft and cuddly. Enjoy your new red purse.

Heartsdesire said...

That is a gorgeous bag. You are one lucky Scrooge. Allison looks so cute. Kids are funny, they always go for the box, instead of what's in it.

Richard Healey said...

Oh that box brings back memories. My now 16 year old on his first christmass wanted to play with the box. Never did care what was in it. I like the cell phone case that is pretty cool.

http://richardquilts.blogspot.com/

Jenny Lynn said...

There is nothing more wonderful than receiving that one thing you dreamed of getting.

Sherri said...

That is one great purse Nanette! Hope you are feeling well and that nothing else breaks!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Nanette, I love everything on this post, and I would SO swipe that purse!!! And......you're NOT a Scrooge.

Anonymous said...

The purse is fabulous and I love the color!! Lucky you! But, I have to say, the star of your post is Allison! She just gets cuter and cuter! And now she's so big!! I get my grand-daughter tomorrow morning at 7:30 - C-section - and I'm so excited I can hardly stand myself! Now I'll be bankrupt because everything for little girls is so stinkin' cute!!! Happy New Year! xo, Nan

Anonymous said...

The purse is fabulous and I love the color!! Lucky you! But, I have to say, the star of your post is Allison! She just gets cuter and cuter! And now she's so big!! I get my grand-daughter tomorrow morning at 7:30 - C-section - and I'm so excited I can hardly stand myself! Now I'll be bankrupt because everything for little girls is so stinkin' cute!!! Happy New Year! xo, Nan

Thimbleanna said...

You're so funny Nanette! Adorable quilt, Gorgeous Purse, and where does one get a personalized iPhone cover???

Unknown said...

Nanette very pretty bag, I agree....

Sherry said...

Love Allison playing with the box! She is too cute. I too hinted about a bag I wanted but didn't really expect it was too expensive. I got it from hubby, most expensive purse I have ever owned...but love it. Your's is so gorgeous...love that red! Wishing you all the best in 2012 Nanette!

Cheryl said...

What a sweetie that Allison is..your new bag is so wonderful and I also love the color. You an old Scrooge----not so!!!!

Cheryl said...

ps....hope you are feeling better.

PamKittyMorning said...

Love how the quilt turned out. Cracking up over Allison in the box. Love the bag. I was wondering if you'd get that!

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

Hope you're feeling better soon. I was a little scroogey this year too. I managed to finally get into the Christmas spirit and enjoy it, but then it just seemed to keep going and never end, up until this last weekend. I am ready to kick it to the curb now for another year, too. :) That is such a great bag!! Just love it!! And love the minky quilt. I have made a few baby things with minky and chenille and you are right about the vacuum!

Lurline said...

Please leave the gorgeous bag to me in your will,lol!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Lurline said...

Please leave the gorgeous bag to me in your will,lol!
Hugs - Lurline♥

jen duncan said...

Thanks for the tip on doing the binding 'backwards' when using minkee. GREAT idea! LOVE the phone case...very cool! The only cool cases I ever find are only for iPhones but I have a droid...
have a great weekend Nanette!

life in red shoes said...

Woooo hooo, I love that purse!!!!

Retrogirl said...

Love the photo of Allison in the Amazon box! Too cute!!
Great bag, love the soft backing of Allison's quilt---I'm sure she'll LOVE it....minkee isn't my fave to work with, either but kids adore it.

Your phone cover is the cutest I've seen yet! Perfect!
All my best,
Heather

strawberrycream39 said...

I love all your loot. I bought that Vintage Christmas book for myself this year, I love it too. I had it out on display with some vintage-y looking Santas. Your new purse is beautiful, and I love your phone cover! What a cute baby quilt, I have that panel as well and need to figure out what to do with it. Allison is getting so big!! xo Jen

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

Oh, love that handbag!!!! Funny but I don't remember Scrooge carrying anything so ritzy. LOL! Allison is adorable sitting in that box. Kids make Christmas so much fun. I felt like a kid when my husband brought me the mail yesterday. You made my day! I have to find that Very Vintage Christmas book. Looks like you had a nice Christmas!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Be still my heart!! That bag is to die for!!!! Lucky you. Your family loves you. :)