Aprons

14 comments
I love aprons. I wanted to make an apron out of the Ginger Blossom fabric for a gift and I wanted to use as many different coordinating fabrics with it as possible. My friend Flora gave me an apron pattern that uses fat quarters. I decided to use the general idea of fat quarters and some of the ideas from that pattern but I wanted to make it a little smaller but more feminine. It didn't turn out quite like I imagined it.
I made the neck tie shorter on one side and longer on the other so the bow would be tied right at the front right or left side for a kind of feminine touch. And I wanted it to have a nice pocket and be reversible. So I put in pockets on the inside and outside just on the right side.
So this is what I came up with. Its supposed to be a busy mom apron to go from cooking to giving baths, to doing crafts with the kids. I think it will be okay. I hope the recipient likes it.

I found a great apron site online while I was trying to figure out what to make. I found this place with 56 free apron patterns. There is so much there but I didn't find exactly what I wanted either. But I'm sure I'll be back to make something there at some point. Its a great compilation of patterns and its free!

Then after I got mine cut and partly made I saw what I wanted at Barbara's blog. Of course she doesn't have the pattern out yet but when she does I will get it and I can't wait to make one. Barbara's aprons look so well sewn and her fabric is so darling. Apron envy. - nanette
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

14 comments

HomeMadeOriginals said...

I love the way your apron turned out...so cute!

Stacy A. said...

I saw those aprons over at Barbara's. Don't they look delicious! But I like yours just as much. The fabric is beautiful and it will be so useful. She will love it. Your collection of green really brightened my day. Love Stacy

Unknown said...

They are wonderul! I love them!

Denise (Nour) said...

Wow! I'm going to check out those 56 free patterns! Yours turned out really cute/modern. I like the idea of the craft /kitchen apron. In Japan, don't the housewives wear a sort of house work apron all day? Thanks for sharing your ideas and inspiring us!

Eileen said...

Oh my goodness this is so adorable! LOVE that tie on the side like that, what a clever idea. I'm going now to go check out all the link, but wanted to make sure I didn't forget to comment before leaving..

Thimbleanna said...

Hmmm. I think that nasty blogger ate my comment. I Love your aprons! Everything about them -- the fabric combos, the style -- they're just perfect!

Purple and Paisley said...

oh nanette! love it...it's gorgeous! i have never owned an apron, made an apron or worn an apron...but i think i'm going to start! don't cook a lot but i could wear it for blogging, no?

Joanna said...

I love it, love it, love it! So cute!

Anonymous said...

so so pretty! I love Sandi's fabric, isn't it wonderful? Thank you so much for your comment also, I guess there's no way to judge these things, it's all so subjective right?

jen duncan said...

Well, you really can't go wrong with that line. It's a darling apron!

Oiyi said...

The apron is a wonderful idea. I love the fabrics you used.

Cheryl said...

Great apron! Thanks for the info on the free apron pattern site!

Kim Walus said...

Loved the apron, the fabric, and the websites you always recommend. The tumbler quilts you've posted are pretty awesome too! Thanks for your comments, too!

I've already made my first dear jane block and have a few more to do this week to catch up. It'll be fun if I can just keep up with everyone. It's great to have a virtual classroom and be able to check out so many other great quilt blogs. Thanks for your blog! I've loved it and I'm hoping my blog will be just as much fun!

Kathi Thompson said...

Found your blog through Diane-outoftheloopgroup (fellow quilting buddy). thought I'd tell you about my sister's apron patterns. Go to theapronlady.com and I think you'll really like Flirty Skirty. I have made a couple of them and so has my 12 year old daughter. They're so flattering and also easy to make. I've also enjoyed making Very Vintage.
It's fun to make these and give them as gifts, but I keep thinking they're too cute and end up keeping so many for myself and I"m not really a cook!!