Ginger Blossom Scraps

7 comments
Sandi Henderson's Ginger Blossom fabric is a huge success. Its selling out at fabric stores everywhere and even on back order. She's a great girl and I'm very happy for her. I have had a wonderful response using it myself. Thanks to all of you who have bought baby quilts, quilt kits and the tumbler pattern. It's been very fun working with this fabric and I'm grateful to my customers for liking what I have done with it.

Ok this is all I have left! My first batch of fabric was depleted super fast so I got more and I'm down to enough for 2 more kits and maybe 1 quilt? I'm not sure. But it seems every night I cut more.
Yes this is a plastic trash receptacle (the politically correct term). When I moved into my sewing room I bought several new ones. This one is for fabric scraps. When I am cutting out and if I have a usable scrap left, I flip the lid and drop them in. I just have to make sure that my family remembers this is NOT for trash. It's a good way to keep my scraps organized and out of the way until I use them or cut them into a standard size that I save in another bin.
I've got all these ginger blossom scraps and I'm thinking of what to do with them. I could make a Ginger Blossom postage stamp quilt. I could even make a tumbler bows quilt with smaller bows. Or I could keep them for future use down the road. Hmmm, what to do? What to do? I love scraps and I'm always trying to find new ways to use them so whatever I do with the Ginger Blossom scraps it will be fun. - nanette
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

7 comments

PamKittyMorning said...

Pretty pile of scraps. love the quilt from the previous post. Very inspiring.

Jana Nielson said...

Pincushions, a scrappy bag, a cute wallet?? Half of the fun is deciding!

Joanna said...

I absolutely LOVE the fabrics you used! And you'll have so much fun making cute things out of all of those leftovers!

Di~ said...

That fabric is very pretty. I came real close to ordering a tumbler kit from you, but I already have several baby quilts! :) It's my choice of size, I like to do most things on a small scale...

Purple and Paisley said...

a postage stamp quilt would be beautiful! sigh...that fabric is lucious...

Cheryl said...

Pretty fabrics, and love your system for collecting the scraps!

Kim Walus said...

What a GREAT idea on the fabric can!!! You definitely don't want anyone to mistake it as a garbage can. You'll just have to put a warning sign on it saying "Do Not Dispose of Contents. . .or ELSE you'll have to buy me more FABRIC" ; )

By the way go to whipplehouse.blogspot.com and look at her blog "A Playdate" and you will see a postage stamp quilt my daughter made. It's actually one of my favorite quilts of hers. I thought she gave it to me until she had the baby and then she took it with her one day : (