Vintage Christmas and Dear Jane Block

8 comments
I was really excited when Wren, my machine quilter, called and told me my Vintage Christmas Quilt was finished and ready to be picked up. She always does such a great job and I was really happy with it. I finished the binding but I hate to fold it and put it away because its so pretty. I can't wait to show it to my friend Flora because she hates Christmas fabric and I think she will really like this take on vintage Christmas balls. I had so much fun making Elizabeth's pattern. Wren quilted ribbon all through the quilt blocks and little Christmas balls patterned after the appliqued balls. I think she did a super job.
I could have quilted it myself because its a small quilt but I'm so glad I took it to a professional.

Also, I finished my first Dear Jane quilt block. I joined the Dear Baby Jane quilt blog group and I think there are 27 of us working on this quilt. I have only very few Civil War fabrics in my stash so I really had to search. I found several I can use from what I have and ordered some small pieces from Purl. This is my first block.
Its quite a change of pace for me but its always good to try new things and gain new skills. I am going to make 1 block of as many different blocks possible. I just can't decide on black or off white sashing at this point. I think I'll have to sew more blocks before I decide. It was fun to make the first block. Of course this is the easiest one in the book, so I'm cautiously optimistic. - nanette
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

8 comments

jen duncan said...

I just ADORE that pattern from Elizabeth. OH and that machine quilting! I'd die a happy woman if I could quilt like that.

Val said...

I love this! I wish I could quilt like that. Thanks for visiting my blog. I will be back.

Cheryl said...

I bought that Christmas pattern when I went to Quilt Festival. Your quilt is beautiful and the quilting is wonderful. Have fun with you Dear Jane blocks.

Jona Giammalva said...

That is so sweet and stunning! I love the fabrics you used!

michelle said...

I love that quilt. It is beautiful and I loved the quilting. It is one I would like to pick up and examine. Just darling.

Joanna said...

I love how she quilted that quilt! It makes me wish I was that talented. Someday, I hope.

Purple and Paisley said...

the quilt turned out just gorgeous! i usually like "brights" and jewel tones, but this quilt is now one of my favorites in the whole wide world! i adore the colors...=)

Ginger Patches said...

If you could please just send me that vintage Christmas quilt I think my life might be complete!!! That is some serious gorgeousness!!!