Breakfast for Lunch - baked eggs

11 comments
Sunday lunch after church is usually a popular event at our house with most everyone there depending on the week. Its not always easy to figure out what to fix. Today we had breakfast for lunch and it was yummy. I made French toast, sausage, hash browns and baked eggs.

This is the before picture of baked eggs.

I used extra large muffin tins today with 2 eggs each but you can use regular muffin tins with just one egg. First spray the muffin tin very well with Pam so the eggs won't stick. Then line each of the cups with 1-2 slices of precooked bacon. I usually get the precooked bacon at Costco. Crack 1-2 eggs into each cup. Top with 1 tsp milk, 1 tsp butter, salt and pepper. The recipe also calls for a sprinkle of finely chopped thyme and parsley and fresh Parmesan cheese. However, today I didn't have fresh herbs or Parmesan cheese. And they were almost just as good.

Bake for about 18 minutes at 350. For the large muffin tins I bake for about 25 minutes. My family likes the yolk fairly firm.

This the after picture of the baked eggs.

When Whitney got married we had a family brunch before the wedding at my best friend Laura's home. I'm lucky enough to live right across the street from Laura. Who do you know who would host a wedding brunch for you at their house catering for 75 people? Anyway this is her recipe. She's a fabulous chef and much of what I know about making great food comes from cooking with her.

Baked eggs are so fast and easy even my 12 year-old son sometimes makes them himself.
- nanette
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

11 comments

michelle said...

Your breakfast looked delicious. Brent loves breakfast food any time of the day. I am going to try the baked eggs.

antique quilter said...

wow they look so yummy!
Kathie

Tracey M. said...

mmmmmmm, i love those! kisses from zion national park, we wish we were there!

HomeMadeOriginals said...

Those eggs look delish! I'm going to try them.

Oiyi said...

I love eggs and those baked eggs look fantastic. I prefer my yolks a little runny.

Colene said...

What a great recipe, I'm definately going to try those.

Joanna said...

Oh YUM-O! I gotta try these! I was practically salivating looking at them! Lucky we just went and bought 3 dozen eggs at Costco lol! I love after church-eating too! I remember growing up my Mum would either make pancakes or mushroom/chicken stew on toast after church. Except on Fast Sundays - that was a killer lol!

Thimbleanna said...

Oooh, yum Nanette! These look delicious -- thanks for sharing -- they'll definitely be added to my recipes!

Kairle Oaks said...

Oh, my! Those looks SO yummy. I'll have to remember this recipe to make for my family.

BTW, I love your Vintage Christmas quilt. It turned out so lovely!

Ginger Patches said...

Ohh I love baked eggs!! We used to always have them Christmas morning with brie on top mmmm!

PamKittyMorning said...

All I've had for days is dry toast and applesauce but ohmy this looks wonderful.