And Even More Row-by-Row Blocks

18 comments
I want to show you the progress on my Row-by-Row Quilt. Before my family retreat I had had a few finished blocks ready to show you.
This block I call strawberry patches. My strawberry tops are green felted wool. I used sketch machine embroidery to stitch details in the leaf and top in the strawberry.
I also made mirror image stars. I almost want to call these Victor/Victoria blocks. They are fun to make but I must have quilters dyslexia or something. Every single star I had something to pick out.
I really like this block and I enjoyed taking advantage of the different colorways in Pam's fabric to create the stars. I'm dying for the yardage to come out. I need to get sashing fabric to start putting my rows together. I can't wait.

-nanette
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

18 comments

Nedra said...

Your row by row quilt is so fun! Love the strawberries.

Brandie said...

Looking good! I love those Victor/Victoria stars. The strawberry tops also look great.

Unknown said...

Why doesn't my stuff look like this? Always beautiful work Nanette.

PamKittyMorning said...

I can't wait to see it all. Those strawberries are so cute.

Unknown said...

Too cute!! I think that you ought to call them Victor/Victoria. They are your blocks after all.

Thimbleanna said...

Lookin' Good Nanette! I LOVE that star block pattern -- it's always been one of my favorites!

Carrie P. said...

OH, great blocks. Love the strawberries.

Cheryl said...

As always wonderful Nanette!! I am loving that star block also. How fun to have a family retreat.

Kim with a K said...

I'm lovin all your row by row blocks!

pratima said...

Nanette, your aplique'd strawberries are plump and juicy and just adorable sitting in the corners of the strawberry blocks. You come up with cutest ideas! The two-colored star blocks are so fun!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

They ALL look great! I can not wait to see this one all put together. It's going to be gorgeous.

Karen O said...

I love those strawberry blocks. They are amazing.

Sherri said...

When is this fabric going to be available...can't wait!

AnnieO said...

This quilt has taken you completely--and its easy to see why. Love all the new blocks. What a fun retreat you all had.

Sherry said...

I'm lovin those blocks!!

Lurline's Place said...

Bright and happy - love it, Nanette!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Theresa said...

Love all of the blocks that you've made so far for your row quilt with this gorgeous fabric, the strawberries are lovely.

Unknown said...

I haven't been here is a while to say how much I love you, just wanted to stop by and say that I love your strawberry blocks. They are super duper cute.