Weekend Sewing PKM Blocks

26 comments
October is a really busy month at our house. We have five birthdays, a visit from my daughter and son-in-law from Oklahoma, and a Breton (my maiden name) quilting retreat. All of it is really fun so as busy as it gets, it is exciting, too. I may not have much time to sew in the next few weeks so I really took advantage of the time this past weekend.
Friday I showed you the PamKittyMorning fabric by LakeHouse and Pam. I had to cut into it. I just had to and couldn't wait since I've been dreaming about this fabric since first seeing it from Pam. I've had sketches and ideas all set to go. The first block in my quilt is this kitty house. And look in the window.
I love the versatility of the prints, dots, geometric and floral in the line. I wanted the kitty house to be very clean with no scrappy look (this time). I had fun with the block putting the window in different place for versatility.
My next block is a churn dash featuring the strawberries in the center square. I did augment my PKM fabric with a little tiny bit of my own stash.
The letters are so cute. They appear random but hidden inside the letters it says somewhere pam kitty morning.
The strawberries are incredibly sweet. The colors are beautiful.
Everything turned out so pretty I think. I am making a row by row quilt. I am excited to make my next row of blocks.

-nanette
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

26 comments

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Oh, so pretty and a row quilt will be so sweet.

Thimbleanna said...

Oh Nanette! Your blocks are just adorable. I love how you varied the location of the windows in the houses. And those churn dash blocks! LOVE them!

Darlene said...

Adorable blocks!!!!

Vicki said...

Super cute!

Wonky Girl said...

Churndash, always my favorite. And the fabric colors, prints.... it all comes together so wonderfully.

elizabeth said...

Oh your blocks make me smile : ). I haven't made a row quilt in years, what a great idea!

PamKittyMorning said...

I just love how you've mixed it all up, so cute. You've made it better with your cute blocks! xo

Des said...

I like clean kitty houses, too!
Such a pretty color palette. If I closed my eyes really hard I might believe it was spring.

Jody Sanders said...

So cheerful and happy! Enjoy your week.

Mary said...

Love Love, your blocks and the fabrics work so well. All is cheery and wonderful.

Theresa said...

Beautiful, I especially love the churn dash blocks. I have been contemplating adding a row quilt to my WIPs myself so I will look forward to seeing this one.

Nedra said...

Pam's new fabric line is wonderful and so much like YOUR tastes! (great minds think alike)
Looking forward to seeing what your row quilt will look like.

Anonymous said...

Oh Nanette! Just when I thought I couldn't love Pam's fabric any more than I do....Those are so stinkin' cute and I can't wait to see the finished quilt!!

Momoo said...

Hopefully this will post, I've not been having luck with that lately. Very happy prints, looking forward to seeing the finished quilt.

Threeundertwo said...

What fabulous colors! I'm going to have to find some of that. LOVE those churn dash blocks!

Joy said...

Just love your blocks Nanette, and that fabric is adorable!!! I'm waiting (im)patiently for it to arrive at my local quilt shop - it should be here in a couple of weeks :o)!!!
Hugs,
Joy :o)

em's scrapbag said...

Love your so cute blocks!

pratima said...

They are so pretty! I love your idea of setting them row by row. These prints are so sweet.
Have a wonderful October and Happy celebrations :)

Mary @ Sea Quilts said...

Wow ... love the blocks and looooove those fabrics. My fave: the blue dot house with the red plaid window.

Go figure.

Mary

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Oh, Nanette, they are all so pretty! I love this fabric, and you have really pumped up its volume.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

What fun and cheerful blocks! Love the strawberry fabric.

AnnieO said...

Love them all! Very you, Nanette :) I want to make a row by row quilt too!

Simone de Klerk said...

Those little houses are gorgeous!!

strawberrycream39 said...

Oh wow Nanette, these are beautiful blocks. I adore how you put Pam's name in a window. :-) The churn dashes are so cute and I love the little houses! xo Jen

Christine said...

WOW. They are all adorable. Can't wait to see the next row.

Carrie P. said...

You just have a way of picking the best fabrics to go together. Again, I say I love your style.