Breton Family Quilt Retreat

16 comments
Friday and Saturday last week were spent with family sewing at my home. It was fun and sweet and everything it should be when family gets together to spend quality time.
We moved the furniture out of my living room and replaced it with portable tables and chairs. My living room is separated from my sewing studio by doors. So I was able to open up the space to use the 2 rooms together. It worked pretty well.
Sewing and talking. Isn't that the best!?Most of the girls worked on making a Picnic Quilt like mine draped over the piano in the corner of the room. My sister Teri worked on my In the Leafy Treetops quilt.
Here we are standing in my entry way. Next year we are going to make the beehive quilt hanging behind us.My niece Tricia got her quilt top completed.My sister Michelle actually finished 2 quilt tops. It helps when you have blocks ready and the quilt partially made before arriving to the retreat.My niece Tana got her picnic quilt top done except for the borders. She's going to hand quilt hers. I didn't get a photo of my sister Paula's top. She had hers packed away by the time photos were taken. Darn.
I worked on appliqueing strawberries during the retreat. I didn't want to lose focus for my PKM Happy Row By Row quilt.
Right before lunch on Saturday my kitchen faucet broke. But by the end of Saturday Mr. Hive had me fixed back up (without some stress!). I really like the new faucet.

I had a great weekend and so much fun. I'm so glad we can get together to sew as family. I wish you could have joined us.

-nanette
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

16 comments

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Wow - some serious sewing to get finished tops! Looks like a fun time was had by all. Thank you for sharing.

Brandie said...

What fun! How sweet to all get together and sew. Looks like it was quite productive too. I'm assuming that you all get along too. That in it's self is amazing!
I missed your last post, but I have to say, Michelle is a lucky lady. Four grand babies! So lucky!

PamKittyMorning said...

I would have loved it! Love all the quilts, the strawberries and the new facuet!

Thimbleanna said...

I wish I would have joined you too -- it looks like you had a grand time!!!

Martha said...

Beautiful sisters! Looks like you had so much fun. Wish I had a sister ... or a daughter.

Joy said...

Oh how lucky you are to have so many quilters in your family :o). What a fabulous time for you all :o).
Hugs,
Joy :o)

life in red shoes said...

Hi Freda, what an eventful weekend you had! You make the nicest quilts.
I have a little comment, and I hope you take it the right way. I have but 1 sister, and soaking wet she might tip the scale at 112.I myself, well you can more than double that. Once during an argument she told me that I got all the crafty genes in the family. I fired back with, well you got all the skinny ones, AND I DESERVED BOTH!

P.S. I still think I do ;)

Quilt on!

Beth at Aunties said...

Aren't sisters, daughters and girl time the BEST!? I also come from a family of 5 girls....and 1 boy, who is the oldest. The sisters are so close and we LOVE being together, we kind of leave our brother out of the fun way too often:) Just can't help ourselves loving our girl time. The quilt tops were so bright and beautiful!
Would you please do me a favor? Your MIL ( Marie) came to see my mom and I took pictures of her, my mom and Norma together the week Norma died. I finally made time to post a long over due post and posted the picture so Marie could have the last picture taken with her sister. Would you please make her a copy and give it to her?
Thanks so much! Cheryl (Beth)~♥

Shari said...

I just love hearing about your family gatherings! Sounds wonderful and very productive. What a talented group you are!!

Pamela said...

I dream of doing this someday! Thanks for sharing

Liv said...

It looks as if it was greatfun and that sewing room looks so cool!
Best wishes Liv

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Those Picnic quilts are fantastic!

Sherry said...

Wow, what a fun family quilt retreat. That is awesome you have so many quilters in your family. Looks like it was enjoyed by all. Thanks for sharing all the fun.

pratima said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful day with your family, Nanette! Everyone's quilts are beautiful! I love this scrap happy pattern of yours :-)

Di~ said...

I love it when our husbands see a need and act real quick on it for our happiness! :)

strawberrycream39 said...

Looks like you had a great productive time! I wish I was there too. :-) Love the strawberries. The new faucet is beautiful. Good work, hubby! xo Jen