Getting Ready for the little Breton Women Retreatl

15 comments
We are having our Breton Women sewing retreat this weekend. Today is sewing and snacking. Tomorrow is our luncheon with everyone (even those that don't sew). We really always have such a great time together.
This is one of my favorite photos of "us" Breton girls. With 4 sisters we were always called the Breton Girls and sometimes still are. Front right to left is Susan, Michelle, Teri, Polly and then me in back doing what I do best. I sure wish I still had that blue roses dress or I could find vintage fabric like it. I wore that dress until it was too tight, too short, and showing bare thread.I took the photo of us 5 girls, scanned it and then shrunk the picture to use as a sleeve for the little fat quarter.Just like this I wrapped them. Of course bees, honey and hives are always the big theme.I had these coasters made up from the etsy shop RobotCandy. They turned out cute and we were able to find 2 kids of vintage beehives to represent as a favor.I put the bee fat quarter with the photo in a cellophane bag with the coaster. Then I closed the bags with ruler masking tape.
The tables are up and ready for machines and family. In fact some families are already here. We are going to have a great time sewing together. And there are door prizes! You'll wish your name or maiden name was Breton and then you could sew with us.There are some in the family that can't come this year. My sister Michelle had 4 babies born to her children in 2011. There are the twins Brady and Barrett. I don't know which one is which. but they have the shirts. Baby Kate, the newest baby is in the middle of the boys. On the side is baby Preston. She's the oldest. I will really miss these kids and their mommies. I want them to come next year for sure.
Kate's mom is Jen, my niece and my sister Michelle's granddaughter. Kate is posing next to the quilt I made for her. The white dress and her beauty bring out the simple little bows in the quilt. I'm so glad they like it. I had fun making it. And Kate is simply a darling baby.
This is the happy grandmother to those 4 little ones. Michelle is showing off the mini family heritage quilt that I made for her. That was a fun one.

Busy weekend here. Hope you all have a nice one. I'm going to show progress photos next week.

-nanette
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

15 comments

Linda at Roscoe's Ma said...

Your first family photo with you on the back of the couch cracked me up! You were a charmer!! LOL! The baby line up is adorable.

Lynn said...

In my family, I was the one on the back of the couch too. I guess every family has one.
If my family ever disowns me can you guys adopt me and I'll come sewing with you?
That a lot of baby cuteness going on!

Simone de Klerk said...

Isn't it special, to have 4 sisters! I have four sisters too. Have a wonderful time. It really looks like you are going to have lots of fun.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Fun photo - how clever to make it into a FQ sleave. I have 3 sisters and we haven't sewn together since 4-H days. My daughter and I try to get sew-ins , but she has a baby line-up.

PamKittyMorning said...

Could not love that photo of you guys more. Love the face!

Jan Marie said...

You are right I wish I was one of you because it looks like you are going to have a blast. I really like the fat quarter sleeve.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

That's a good looking family you have there, Nanette! Yep, I'd love to be there sewing with you. Have fun!

jen duncan said...

Love the pic of you girls. And what wonderful new grandbabies. No wonder your sister looks so happy. :-) Is she standing in your studio?

Darlene's Quilts and Stuff said...

Those babies are a bunch of cutie patooties. You are very lucky to be close to your sisters.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Yes I do wish my name was Breton. What adorable babies, and the quilts are just gorgeous.

michelle said...

That picture of us really makes me laugh. I showed it to Brent and he says Polly looks old in that picture. I guess it is those fab glasses. Thanks so much for a great weekend. It was the best and of course without you it wouldn't happen.

Sherry said...

Loved this post. The pics are priceless!!

Di~ said...

What fun. I love that you provide details because my cousins and I are talking of doing something like this next year. I need your ideas and experience. We've hardly seen each other over the years, so it will be interesting.

Thimbles and Threads Quilt Shop said...

I would gladly change my maiden name to Breton if you would let me join you next year! I am sure we could photo-shop me into the family pics...

Anonymous said...

So much eye candy on your blog Nanette! Your PKM quilt is amazing. I love it! And I love seeing your family sewing retreat. It looks like you all had a blast. The gifts you put together are so cute! x