Busy Friday

8 comments
Last Friday I was way too busy to make a post. But today I'll show you some of what was occupying my time.
 I met Lori Holt at Food for Thought for lunch.  We both ordered butternut squash soup and Pasadena blue salad.  Delicious.  We hadn't gotten together since before Christmas so we had a lot of stuff to talk about.  Quilt market is this week and Lori has been super busy getting ready.  I'm really excited about all her projects.  We have a bad (but so good) habit of exchanging gifts.  This is to me from Lori, above.
Inside the blue bag were these goodies.  Yard cuts of her Millie's Closet squares colorways and a perfectly perfect pink/red hounds tooth as well as fat quarters of the new Riley Blake solids in Lori's colors.  It was all tied up with a beautiful ribbon and throwback Neccos.  This fabric was more delicious than the meal.  Thanks so much Lori.  I'm very excited for all your work to pay off.


After leaving Lori, Shelbie and I had errands to run.  This included a trip to the Beehive Bazaar in Provo.  The bazaar is hipster mom creations.  These are very talented ladies, many of which also have etsy shops.  We were tempted by the owl paintings. 
I always love stocking up on vintage trim from a vendor.  She always has great stuff to choose from.
  
I was very tempted by this vintage book that was repurposed into a notebook.  I remember reading the 5 Little Peppers as a kid.
  
There were lots of cute dresses for little girls.  I was tempted by several of these.  But in the end it is hard to justify a $28.00 cotton dress I could easily make for Allison.
The last bazaar (they are held seasonally) I wanted to buy this Queen Bee multimedia sculpture but didn't want to spend the money.  I walked through the whole bazaar this time looking for the doll but didn't see it.  
As I was walking out of the bazaar, there she sat on a table, and at a reduced price.  Some of my family think she is creepy but I think she is fabulous.  I love the 60's bride doll torso attached to the beehive cage and all the details, like holding the beehive, the big bumblebees and the crown.  I just love her.  I'm so glad she was waiting for me.
She's sitting in my entryway now, holding court.  Mother's Day was very nice for me.  I hope it was nice for you.  Most of my family came for (and made) dinner.  It was great.  My family is very giving and kind to me. I got lots of nice things but having them there was the best part.  Also displayed in the photo above are flowers.  The roses are from my daughter Chelsey and the bouquet on the right is from our exchange student, Jamiel.  Thanks to all of them all for such a nice day.

-nanette
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

8 comments

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

Oh, your pictures sure tell us that you had a wonderful day on Friday and a great Mother's Day! I would love that bag of fabric!! Lucky girl to have Lori for a friend. I think that's so cool that the doll was waiting for you! I have my bride doll from the 60's so I understand why you were intriqued by the doll. Mine still wears the wedding gown that my mother made for her and she wears her little white plastic high heels.........cause she's got legs. LOL!

Cheryl said...

What a wonderful post and great pictures. That bag of goodies is so wonderful. Sounds like you had the perfect day with a good friend, and lots of shopping. I am such a fan of you and Lori, so I can only imagine all the quilty talk that was going on!!!! Love the doll and all the wonderful decorations around her, and so happy your Mother's Day was spent with family around. Life is good for sure!! (hugs)

Nedra said...

It makes me so happy to know you and Lori still get together at Food For Thought. Miss that place, but miss YOU BOTH even more!

Sherri said...

Oh...how much fun you and Lori must have had...and what a fun place to meet for lunch!

Glad to hear you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

trish said...

So glad you have such a beautiful Mother's Day and what gorgeous fabrics you were gifted with. Lori is just the sweetest! I received a layer cake in Millie's Closet, for my birthday and can hardly wait to play with it! :o) Such gorgeous fabrics and I love the quality!
I hope you have a wonderful week.
Sincerely, Trish xo

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Looks like a fun weekend, my friend, and what a neat load of goodies!! Yay! I like your Queen Bee, too.

Connie said...

You girls in Utah have to much fun! I just love lunches that come with gifts.

Carrie P. said...

Oh, fun shopping day. Glad you found your little doll. My husband's favorite candy is Neeco.