Row by Row goes to Market

17 comments
It always makes you feel special if you have a quilt hanging at International Quilt Market.  Last week was quilt market week in Kansas City and I understand it went really well.  I have so many friends involved in market and I sorta know what it takes to do all the work before market and then get everything shipped to the venue, set up, be there ALL THE TIME for days, and then break down the booth and ship out.  Whew.  I know my friends Pam and Lori have been market crazy for months now.  It is over now and they can take a breath.  But only a short one.
I was super excited when Holly Holderman, the mastermind of LakeHouse Dry Goods, emailed me about having my Berry Fun Row by Row quilt at market in the LakeHouse booth.  My quilt is made from Pam's line of fabric and I was so happy to help represent that fabric line.
I swiped this picture from twitter last week as I scanned Fat Quarter Shop's amazing twitter feed of everything happening at market.  There is Pam on the right and you can see my quilt on the left.  I adore Pam, by the way.  But you know that.
I swiped this picture from Holly.  Go read her blog post about market HERE.  I'm so glad she likes my quilt.  And I'm so amazed at getting such a wonderful spot in the beautiful booth.
I swiped this pic from Pam's blog.  You can go read her fun market posts here.  There are several short posts.  She and her daughter manned the Lake House booth and were busy busy busy.  I think the booth looks darling.  Who wouldn't want to stop and step into the beautiful world of Pam's fabric?  Her new line Pam Kitty Love is due out at the end of the year is killer.  Buttons, hearts, vintage and in the same color palate as her first line.  I can't wait!  Go see what the new fabric will look like here

I didn't get to market this time.  But I'm glad my quilt was able to travel there.  I have to thank Amy for taking my quilt and bringing it home.  Amy is having a quilt market giveaway today.  Go read her posts and ogle her photos.  Quilt market is so much work but so much fun.

-nanette
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

17 comments

AnnieO said...

How wonderful to have your quilt hang in pole position in the booth! It was a really terrific representation of what you can do with her fabric line and such an inventive row by row. I love your houses with the door/window in a diffrent spot in each one :) Congrats to all!

em's scrapbag said...

Congrats! Your quilt looks great! So happy for you. The booth looks great!

Browndirtcottage said...

Woo Hoo....well, look at you! Look at THAT quilt!! W-a-y to go!! I guess if YOU can't go rub elbows with the greats YOUR QUILT can be there...hanging in prime quilty real estate!!

I can just hear your quilt as I look at it, telling the other quilts "now pay attention and hang straight, people are looking!"

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Your quilt looks beautiful there, Nanette! I can't think of any pattern that shows off Pam's fabrics better.

Anonymous said...

I feel famous now that my row by row is done. I agree, it is the best pattern for that fabric. Can't wait to get PMK's new fabric.

busyascanbe said...

Oh my Gosh your Quilt looks amazing!! I am so glad I have the pattern...Now I just have to get busy and make it...I am so inspired!

Ariane said...

Your quilt is wonderful. Congratulations for having it displayed at Market. I love this quilt. The fabric colours and the blocks you chose are amazing!! I really need to make this pattern. It's such a happy quilt.

Nedra said...

How wonderful that your quilt made it to Market! It's darling in Pams fabrics. And yes, you two are kindred spirits.

pratima said...

That is awesome and super exciting!! Your quilts are very cheerful and bring a bright spot to wherever they hang... It is wonderful that your adorable row-by-row quilt was displayed in the quilt market to bring smiles to so many viewing the quilt :-)

Carrie P. said...

Your quilt just seems to sparkle in that photo. What a beautiful booth.
Congrats!

trish said...

Oh my! What an honor to have your gorgeous quilt there at market!! :o) It is so pretty! :o)

Sharon said...

The Lakehouse booth was adorable as usual. I didnt know that was your quilt. I love it!!!!!!!!! Are you going to sell the pattern? I'd love to do it on my website as a BOM. Very very cute.

Lady of the Cloth said...

Love your quilt!

Sherry said...

OMG-how wonderful! I love that quilt. So glad to hear it was displayed in their booth! Congrats Nanette!

Sherri said...

I love your quilt...how fun that it got to go to market!!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!! What a special treat for you, too bad you didn't get to go with your quilt! :) I love your Row by Row quilt, the fabrics are so happy, and the design makes me smile.

Retrogirl said...

Nanette, congratulations! It's a beautiful quilt, one of just many crafted by your talented hands. Sorry to be absent lately, family stuff has taken over every moment of free time for now.
All my best,
Heather