Quilt for Kendall

14 comments
My friend Pam lives in Colorado.  She took a class from me at a quilt retreat a while back and we have been email friends  since then.  I'm so excited to show you the "All Dressed Up" quilt she made for her daughter Kendall.
One thing I like to do as a quilter is make a pattern my own by changing things to suit my project.  I encourage those that take my classes to do the same thing.  I really love what Pam did with Kendall's quilt.
My favorite thing about my "All Dressed Up" quilt is the fussy cutting and embellishing.  Pam did a fabulous job in picking fabrics and trim for her dresses.
The quilting is really great, too.  I love how the whole quilt came together.
Since the quilt was for Kendall's graduation, Pam created a great design for the back of the quilt as well.  Family and friends autographed blocks so Kendall would always remember this momentous occasion.  Nice job to both Pam and Kendall.

-nanette
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

14 comments

Thimbleanna said...

Isn't it fun to see your designs done by other people? Very pretty!

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

What a lovely graduation gift.....a quilt from her mom but made even more special by the signatures on the back of the quilt. Truly a quilt to treasure!

em's scrapbag said...

You're a great teacher. Her quilt turned out great!

Dresden Quilter said...

She made a beautiful quilt. I love those dresses.

trish said...

What a fabulous quilt!
It would be so much fun in a
class taught by you! :o)

Lucy | Charm About You said...

That is adorable! I love the dresses and the quilting looks great :)

Lynn said...

Love the quilt. Love the quilting on it and it's double sided! That's it, I'm getting out this dress pattern and starting it today!

Nedra said...

One of my all time favorite patterns from you. I get so many compliments on the one I made. I love Pam's use of ric rac for the trim.

Susan said...

You are the best teacher to encourage creativity while supplying the pattern. Some don't like alterations and in the case of my LQS she needs for it to be like the pattern to display it which I totally understand. But it is nice to see how others interpret the pattern still paying homage to the designer. I need to finish this one, it is still a favorite.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

She did a beautiful job on that one, and the autographs on the back will be a good memory jogger for years to come.

Mimi Sue said...

Love the little dresses. So cute. Your little Eliza is adorable. Looks very sweet. Mimi

circle r motel said...

Kendall loved her quilt. Especially like the signatures on the back... I have two more quilts at the machine quilters. One is a McKenna Ryan quilt. Then, I have my picnic quilt. Another Fredashive original!!

Browndirtcottage said...

What a great quilty gift!!!


Happy Mother's Day friend!!!

Carrie P. said...

So pretty and what a great idea to put the small quilt in a big quilt. I need to work on my little dresses again.