Twinkle Star Block

Monday, January 14, 2013

I have been waiting for Lori to put up block 9 on her block for the Row Along.  I was excited to see the twinkling winter star block and got busy as soon as I could.
Picking out fabric is always a fun part.  I've used many of the same fabrics for the other 8 blocks but with a new one thrown in here and there, too.  This row used 16 fabrics so it was good to add a few new prints.
The stars were easy and fun to make.  I'm glad I read the instructions well this time because I would have pointed my stars with the other ends up.  And they would have not looked cute like Lori's.
As I was sewing I kept thinking of the Primary song "I Am Like A Star Shining Brightly".  It is just a very sweet child's song.  It made me feel good to sew these little bright winter stars.
I fussy cut a little piece from Pam's PKL valentine fabric to make this little barrette for Allison.  It made a very cute button hair clip.  It should have taken me 5 minutes but took about 45.  The button wouldn't go together (I've made hundreds of covered buttons), the glue was hard, the 2nd glue was hard....etc.  Anyway it was worth it in the end.  It turned out really cute.

-nanette

You Might Also Like

16 comments

Popular Posts