Sewing Rows Together

17 comments
Poor Lori.  I'm seriously not doing her proud right now.  Lori' sewed her rows together.  You can see hers here.  Please look at hers.  My photos aren't  with a finish press because I need to work on my edges, still. 
So I did get all my rows finished and sewed in the same order as Lori's.  And it looks ok.  I'm not happy with some of the mistakes I made.  And there were quite a few.
I will tell you that my rows were not all the right length.  I'm dealing with that problem right now.  I did pin from the center out and really tried to get everything all together evenly.
I'm hoping that when this is quilted you won't notice my errors or that my edges could have been more even.  The blocks really are so cute though.  When I look at the photos, I think it is going to be a fun quilt and I've really enjoyed making each row.  Thanks Lori.

-nanette
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

17 comments

Martha said...

Some of my rows were too short and a couple were too long. Guess my scant 1/4" isn't consistant.
Love the way yours looks. So fun and cheerful.

Kindred Quilts said...

The row quilt is lovely! I love the fabric you choose for the background!

Annette said...

It looks beautiful to me, Nanette. I love your background. You've made another treasure for sure.

PamKittyMorning said...

I'm having some trouble with my rows as well.. My problem is that some are longer, which is totally wierd becuase usually I'm shorter. Oh well, it's still stinken cute. Love all your fabric choices.

Mary said...

It looks good to me. It is a beautiful quilt.

pratima said...

It still looks just as charming and adorable as all your quilts, Nanette! The little quirkiness will only add to its charm. All the themes for the rows turned out very sweet with your fabric choices.

Sew and Sow Farm said...

ADORABLE!! Lovin the background print! Where is it from? Looks vintagey!

Pinkadot Quilts said...

I think your quilt looks great! You will love it when it is quilted and bound!!!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

It looks fabulous Nanette! I can't wait to see the finish. No I didn't ever start like I wanted to.

KaHolly said...

Greetings from New Braunfels, Texas! I love your quilt. I esp. like the fabric you chose for your background! Very nice.

michelle said...

All my rows were different lengths so I ended up cutting some off. It was a mess but I tried to make it look even. You will see what I mean when I show you Friday.

michelle said...

All my rows were different lengths so I ended up cutting some off. It was a mess but I tried to make it look even. You will see what I mean when I show you Friday.

Corrie said...

It's darling...can't wait to see it all quilted up.

Sheila said...

Your quilt looks great!!
All my rows, everything was off so I went with a solid outer border. Not as pretty as Lori's, but I didn't want to fight all those pieces an try to make them work.

Kim with a K said...

Your quilt is looking YUMMY!!!
This has been such a great row a long... I really believe the only way to mess this one up is to not finish it!
I can't wait to finish mine (I should also take pictures!!!)
All the rows are adorable although I've had to choose my ultimate favs because I'm making a lap size so I can cart it around like Linus!!! lol!!!
Mine's going to look waaaay scrappy but it makes me so happy and I think that is what Lori's quilting always achieves... Happiness!

Vicki said...

It looks great, I love the bright colors. :)

Vicki said...

It looks great, I love the bright colors. :)